Bighorn Sheep Audio Clues

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Bighorn Sheep Audio Clues

Post by HooCairs »

Bighorn Sheep only have the fighting audio clue which is pretty rare and if I am not mistaken also depends on the right time of day. Did they ever have a falling rocks clue like the ibex have, and it broke? Or was it forgotten?

The Red Kangaroos was live many months until EW found out they had forgotten to activate the audio clue. I wonder if the same happened to the Bighorn Sheep.

Maybe community manager Stefan could check?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Re: Bighorn Sheep Audio Clues

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Ptarmigan as also no clue in the hunter mate when calling all day, making the hunter seem deaf.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I think I remember the falling rocks audio clue but I could be wrong. been a long while since I have been up in bighorn country.
Spoiler:
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

I am not sure - the footsteps are pretty loud...you can hear them from a distance of 60m - I assume that is the clue?! Not registrated by the Hm though...
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

I wouldn't be apposed to falling rocks clue for bighorn sheep, as long as they don't include gender and they are not as frequent :D

The Ptarmigans are fun to hunt with just the normal sounds and wing flapping.
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

waiora wrote:[...]
The Ptarmigans are fun to hunt with just the normal sounds and wing flapping.
Indeed! (Altough I havent hunt that much). Whenever I hear a flapping sound the shotgun is ready :)
freck1es

Post by freck1es »

If I remember correctly, Bighorn Sheep have only ever had an audio cue when fighting (no falling rock cues). Originally it was extremely rare, with the devs mentioning they were trying to increase the occurence of these audio cues by adjusting the behaviour of rams shortly after TgT came out. I have heard the audio cue as early as 7am to as late as 2pm. While the fighting audio cue is rare, I believe the loud noises all the sheep make when they are walking nearby (60 meters or so) compensates for this by letting you know when they are close by. There have been countless occasions when that walking sound alerts me to their presence, so much so that I think it is even more helpful than the occasional audio cues you hear from deer or moose.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The problem with hearing them 60 meters away is 90% of the time its in dense thickets and brush, where you can't see them, and you have no idea where they are, even though you can hear them. Happens to me, so I start looking for them..next thing I hear is pounding hooves as they scatter. Frustrating.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:The problem with hearing them 60 meters away is 90% of the time its in dense thickets and brush, where you can't see them, and you have no idea where they are, even though you can hear them. Happens to me, so I start looking for them..next thing I hear is pounding hooves as they scatter. Frustrating.
Yes, it's definitely tougher hunting in TGT. Stan, are you using headphones or just speakers? I'm pretty much able to locate exactly where their hoof sounds are coming from in my headphones if I move my facing direction back and forth. And once I know where the sound is coming from I can safely move to a position where I can see the animal and get a shot. I do the same with the WT ptarmigan, and it works fairly well, but yeah, it's a challenge. I move very carefully for both species.

Try placing a tent on top the the mountain in the north, and spawn or fast travel there around 10 or 11. You'll bag a couple right off the start. Check out Ludante's video of it on YouTube.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I use a headset with 7.1 surround. I have no problem discovering direction. Either I'm in dense brush, or they are. So even going prone...which is a pain if they are 60 meters away, plus you can't see the tracks in the long grass if they aren't in the thickets, certainly in any grass at TgT when prone. I will just keep plugging away until I discover a way to locate them...visually. I know seeing them long distance is an answer, but who wants to just snipe them? I do have a couple of bow kills up on the snowy peak, and a tent there. Thanks for the information.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”