Level Up for Spotting

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Level Up for Spotting

Post by stancomputerhunter »

It has been a long time (several months) since I've seen a pop-up saying I moved up a level in spotting. The spotting skills are going up, but there is no message from Doc when a level is reached, like in the past. I still get the message when a tracking level increases.

Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Granti
Hunter

Re: Level Up for Spotting

Post by Granti »

never had any spotting pop-up. only tracking
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

What?! You´re getting other messages from Doc than the complaining ones??!!

You MUST know him, right? :)

Pop-ups are always there for me - doesn´t matter if it´s for spotting, tracks, weapons (level) or anything else.
Working as intended - glad I don´t get messages from Doc...this mushroom-noob :)
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

I have wild boar lv 14 and 99%, so I will try if it pops up.

edit: ok, spotting info is missing. I leveled up, but nothing popped up.
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

My spotting level ups are not showing either. I was watching for level 11 on Rocky Mountain Elk to pop up and looking foward to that big reduction in the point spread. I leveled up in tracking and it did pop up. I had to look after the hunt was over to confirm I got level 11. Not a huge deal but should be fixed.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Hi Stan. Just yesterday I was out leveling my spotting at my hog feeders. Not only did I not get a notification, but the change from spotting 4 to spotting 5 didn't occur. I had to actually quit my hunt and start a new hunt for the spotting level to take effect. It turns out I was 50% through level 5 already and that I should have been seeing the hogs score for a while by that point. Bug? Who knows.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

As far as I can recall, there is no benefit of a new spotting level while in game. It doesn't really take effect until the next game. IF we were getting the pop up notification like in the past, I believe it said something like this: "Level 5 spotting achieved. Starting with your next hunt you will see score information for Feral Hogs". Or something similar.

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

That was really unfortunate in my case as I was hoping to pick out the largest for a comp at the time. but oh well, I've got it now!
Returning Soon!

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Foxtrotter wrote:That was really unfortunate in my case as I was hoping to pick out the largest for a comp at the time. but oh well, I've got it now!
Trust me, it's not what it's cracked up to be. I'm at level 20 on several species, and especially for antlered species, you just have to go with your own eyesight. If a Roosevelt Elk spots 375 to 420, it's a crapshoot what it will actually be. All you know for sure is that it will be at least 375. You have to know what to look for on the antlers...you will know it when you see it. Yesterday I had a Mule Deer that spotted 200 to 240. (I'm level 20) and scored 204. I knew it wasn't going to be close to 240 because of eyeballing the rack. Not wide enough, and the front tines were not tall enough. The weight based scores, like coyotes, rabbits, etc are less of a crap shoot because you know the range. There are threads in this forum about spotting that go on for pages where a lot of the geniuses on here have tried to figure it out and no one can. It just doesn't make sense. For example, the Mule Deer yesterday. Level 20 spotting says its 90% accurate. No, it was 100% accurate. It WAS between 200 and 240. See what I mean?

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

I definetly see what you mean. Would be nice if at level 20 it was narrowed down more. +/- 10 points either way. Dont read into that too much thinking that a 200 - 220 means its a 210.
Returning Soon!

Return to “General Chat”