Tracking bugs

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Tracking bugs

Post by DanthemanBoone »

What section do bug reports relating to tracking go.
We have currently two tracking bugs which are infecting the game.

Tracks dissappearing after 20 min in game time.
Example
Shot and wounded an elk on Timbergold.
Went to pick up two downed mule deer and a lung shot mule.
Came back to the elk and all tracks were gone.

This is a real problem when Bow shooting from Stand and Towers as the time you can afford to wait before leaving the tower to track even lung shot runners is severely reduced.

Time on some tracks increasing on roaming animals .
1st track can be 10 min then increases rapidly even when following at a run.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
LatinJoker69
Hunter

Re: Tracking bugs

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Hi all, had the same issue with a moose and a roe. I just gave up on them and focused on what i could see and shoot at. There is a serious issue or bug at the moment affecting the game... ;)
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

You can add rocky mountain elk to the list of bugged tracking:

Yet another variation, this time the tracks are showing roaming but the Huntermate says fleeing. This happened on all of the subsequent tracks, there was only one track present in each example. (The fleeing on the Huntermate IS referring to those hoof-prints.)
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Same on other maps. VdB, SC...
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

Yesterday shot a grizzly and started tracking. Walking at first. When I couldn't get any closer walking I started running. The bear was in roaming mode and after running after it for a good 1o minutes I gave up. Tracking ring stayed the same no matter how far I went. :(
doofer

Post by doofer »

Yesterday on Timbergold Fails I tracked a Rocky mountain Elk for what ended up around 4Km (It became a mission in itself) I heard it and got the sonar blip around 100m to my North, walked closer found tracks, found droppings (20-40min) which I thought was a bit off as the call was only a couple of real life minutes but I put it down to my tracking skill level (7), kept tracking, was getting confused as to why the circle wouldn't close off as the Elk was must have been very close and there was no 'Trotting/Fleeing tracks only roaming... I found new droppings which now showed as 30-50min (***???), kept tracking, hit 1000m, still no closed off radar circle, kept finding older(>60!???) droppings, always roaming only tracks, I was walking and even running now during rain showers, could not get close to the Elk, I became like a dog with a bone and was now determined to find this mysterious time-warp pooping Elk. Eventually the dropping timing now started to make sense getting less and less the further I tracked and then I found 'Trotting' tracks and picked up another call, again some 100m ahead to the North East of me, I ran 50m still following tracks and started walking, 20m out I started crouching and no sign of the Elk, stopped and listened, nothing. Looked for more tracks, nothing, spent a good 30mins backtracking and doing the ever increasing spiral but no other track was found, it just vanished. Very frustrating.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Dan, I think "Animals" would be the right section.

the first bug, tracks disappearing to quickly, is known & being addressed. From the status update: "* Increased amount of possible clues on Timbergold Trails"
I think they reduced the average distance between tracks on this reserve because of the rough terrain. I also think there are more total animals than any other reserve.
Combined, this results in the tracks being cleaned up much too soon.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

xyl wrote:Yesterday shot a grizzly and started tracking. Walking at first. When I couldn't get any closer walking I started running. The bear was in roaming mode and after running after it for a good 1o minutes I gave up. Tracking ring stayed the same no matter how far I went. :(
I have exactly the same experience. Shot grizzly bear into intestines, first tracks were fleeing and then they changed into roaming, the same full medium circle. I started running, but no bear and all tracke were the same. got letter from Doc., too.
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:What section do bug reports relating to tracking go.
We have currently two tracking bugs which are infecting the game.

Tracks dissappearing after 20 min in game time.
Example
Shot and wounded an elk on Timbergold.
Went to pick up two downed mule deer and a lung shot mule.
Came back to the elk and all tracks were gone.

This is a real problem when Bow shooting from Stand and Towers as the time you can afford to wait before leaving the tower to track even lung shot runners is severely reduced.

Time on some tracks increasing on roaming animals .
1st track can be 10 min then increases rapidly even when following at a run.

Did you look at a few of the tracks of the other wounded animals first before. I know this helps on other reserves. With that said I have seen plenty of other people saying about tracks disappearing on TT. I haven't been on there properly or killed something that has run off far enough that I didn't know where it went to have experienced this problem.

I have been getting this problem on other reserves where the poo tracks say 1-15 mins then 24-48 mins and then back to 1-10 mins as an example. Yet the circle never changes.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Another tracking bug- having to repeatedly click on a track in order to get information on the huntermate, the first mouse click or two left me with a blank huntermate screen, had to repeat a few times to get information on the HM, even though the light was flashing on the HM indicating that I was in a suitable position.

Return to “General Chat”