Add snowshoe hare to TGT

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Add snowshoe hare to TGT

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Although I enjoy big game hunting, I feel the new reserve could use some small game hunting as well. Since this reserve is based on the northern to central rockies, snowshoe hare can be added with their autumn fur adaptations (reddish brown to white fur mix) when the wolves are added. Afterall the wolf pups need something to snack on while the rest of the pack is out getting a mule deer for dinner. It also my understanding that there was predator prey interaction between species back in the day. For example cottontail rabbit would flee when a coyote came close. We all want more species interaction, please turn this back on. I don't know why a lot of old good features were turn off in the first place.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Add snowshoe hare to TGT

Post by DonderDeer »

The interaction was turned off because it basically started a chain reaction that caused all of the animals in render to constantly be nervous or fleeing.

While snowshoe are native to the Rockies, I'm not personally a fan of small game. They take the place and spawn numbers of other animals I'd rather be hunting and are often little more than a nuisance to be avoided.
homk
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Not a fan of small game, not even happy with ptarmigans in the TGT, I would like to see more big game animals instead of waterfowl or small game. And just like DonderDeer said, small game take the place of a bigger species, which is a bummer. That's why RFF is still my favorite reserve, no worry about stepping on a rabbit or bird and then spooking everything.
Spoiler:

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

BLack-tailed jackrabbit would be so fun to hunt here in the northern part or even in the south but mostly fun in the north. This is the jackrabbits range, just perfect with the Rockies, :geek: :ugeek:

Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
SoldierofGod
Tracker

Post by SoldierofGod »

Maybe some tree squirrel or ground squirrel type animal, marmots?
l?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

racoon, skunk, badger? :)
SoldierofGod
Tracker

Post by SoldierofGod »

I always thought raccoon would be perfect for settlers creek.
oPacheco
Tracker

Post by oPacheco »

Altough I know the majority off the players prefer big game hunting, i seriously think this game needs more small game, and that the new reserve should definitely feature small game a lot more

Return to “General Chat”