A Support/Hackers Discussion

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: A Support/Hackers Discussion

Post by stancomputerhunter »

L3M182 wrote:as others have said, leaving the game running to up HS isnt exactly sporting but its not exactly cheating. its for personal goals only it doesn't effect comps like the actual hack does. plus i know a few guys that use a common password for friends launch a game and then leave for hours to grant friends access to theyre reserves and equipment. thats social and completely acceptable if you ask me.
There are hunting guilds/lodges set up by individual groups of hunters. One member always has the server open in a MP game and it can be joined anytime by other members. Each person has contributed $em to help stock each reserve with equipment, etc. This is not cheating or any kind of attempt to increase HS. I agree with L3M182, it's social and not against the CoC.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SamJH

Post by SamJH »

L3M182 wrote:as others have said, leaving the game running to up HS isnt exactly sporting but its not exactly cheating. its for personal goals only it doesn't effect comps like the actual hack does.
Since when is everything allowed as long as it's for personal goals? :)

Leaving the game open with the intention to boost the hunter score is using an exploit, which is unacceptable. Using a trick to get the distance achievement quicker is also a way of exploiting the game. Using an exploit to kill lots of animals quickly, is also not accepted and someone using a multi-player feeders to improve his his kill ratio, is also not acceptable. You call it "isnt exactly sporting", I simply call it cheating.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

well using a friends feeder becasue it wont bring down the attractiveness, or leaving a game open with auto run on isnt cheating or exploiting. You're playing the game within the rules and mechanics set down by EW . EW have a strict zero cheating policy. They catch you your are gone plain and simple. if they deemed using friends feeders or autorunning cheating they would quickly ban people or remove auto run and make feeders loose attractiveness from any player. this would in turn annoy most MP hosts who loose bate due to trigger happy lobby visitors and most players who do allot of ALT-TABing (me included) so they are left with these features purposely so not an exploit. So sure its probably not ideally what ew want you to do but its withing the game rules and these things are well documented on the forum and common knowledge. Threads with tips on how to exploit or cheat are shut down immediately. Its a competitive game and it means more to some than others. Most play for the fun some play to win at all costs and do these things that allot see as unfair so yeah its unsporting.

We all have our own personal code of conduct on this game. can be anything. mine are, i dont whip out a 22lr after my shotgun failed on fleeing waterfowl, i dont fire without permission when close to others in MP, and my own big one i never enter all comps (3 max), but usually only 1 at a time.(i dont think id feel like a winner getting a chance encounter with a monster and wining a comp i wasn't making a conscious effort to try in). but i cant force these things on others.

using 3rd party hacks to change the parameters are the game is totally different. ive known people get banned a few years ago for using programs to make the game prettier becasue the same program can/could be used to change the game to make an unfair advantage.
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

I've logged in at work and left my game open to everyone to hunt on my feeders. I'd jump back over to see who was connected, but never left the camp. I did this as a way for others use my barrels, goose blinds, and duck blinds. I understand the 16 year old that's playing this game doesn't have the income I do. I like to share.
SamJH

Post by SamJH »

L3M18, you can talk until you weigh an ounce, but in my opinion it's cheating, period. Anyone who leaves the game running to get the game time achievement faster is a cheat. Anyone who uses tricks to get the distance achievements faster is cheating. Anyone who tries to bypass the feeder limits by starting a second game with a different account on a different computer is a cheat and anyone who jumps from server to server to leech on people's barrels, is a cheat. Why are you defending those cheaters so much?

This is not a discussion about YOUR intentions, this is a discussion about how the current game can be exploited. The feeder system can be exploited, period. The distance and time system can be exploited, period. Not enough is done to stop such exploits or at least to make them a lot more difficult. It's the same with the guest system, guests should never be allowed to join member competitions and anyone who checks recent guest winners can confirm. I'm not a noob to this game, I play this game for 7 years now and I've seen the number of cheaters going up immensely and I don't get the impression that enough is done to stop them and just the fact that guests are still allowed to join our competitions is just one example of that. Heck, people who deserved to be in first place instead don't even get their trophy or extra em$. To me that shows a complete disrespect for paying members.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

After reading some of last post i really think we need an automatic anticheat sistem that run with the game and not one dependant on players report to support, i mean if support have to dealt with acusations like "x player is cheating because left the client open for x hours" we will end loosing focus of the real cheaters and what is and what not cheating, and we will get support in a mess that wont help to do a better job.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Agreed with VonStratos. "Cheat" is starting to err dangerously close to "doesn't play the game how I think it should be played" in some of these cases.

If I pay membership, then my game session - so long as it's not hurting other players - is mine to do with what I want. If I want to load the game up at a lodge and stare at the forest in front of me for 4 hours, then I'm not seeing an issue here. If I even want to load the game up, turn the screen off, and listen to the ambient background noise to help me fall asleep (Full disclosure, I used to do that), then I'm still not seeing an issue here. I'm paying for the right to access the server - it says so right in the ToS.

I think some people are putting -way- too much emphasis on HunterScore. A lot of these "anti-cheat" threads end up nitpicking about the speed of response from tech support (which, btw, is one person, and when you send in tickets like "Bob had his game running for 3 hours and didn't harvest a single animal and that's cheating in my opinion", just makes support take longer to handle actual issues of cheating), and about "Well, -I- think it's cheating, so it is", which is basically the equivalent of someone angrily sitting on his front porch and complaining that the cars look like they are going 2 mph over the speed limit and "that's just not right dadgummit".

The real cheats and exploits that physically harm the game end up getting patched and fixed, in general, and the developers are aware of them. Some of the "exploits" like someone using two accounts to hunt bears without suffering a penalty, if fixed, would potentially destroy the social aspect of bear baiting. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

I think it behooves people to just step back from the computer sometimes, take a few deep breaths, and really decide if it's important enough to get this upset about. Is it perfect? No. Would it be nice if it was? Yes. Will it ever be? No. It's just the unfortunate reality of any game.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

SamJH wrote:L3M18, you can talk until you weigh an ounce, but in my opinion it's cheating, period. Anyone who leaves the game running to get the game time achievement faster is a cheat. Anyone who uses tricks to get the distance achievements faster is cheating. Anyone who tries to bypass the feeder limits by starting a second game with a different account on a different computer is a cheat and anyone who jumps from server to server to leech on people's barrels, is a cheat. Why are you defending those cheaters so much?

This is not a discussion about YOUR intentions, this is a discussion about how the current game can be exploited. The feeder system can be exploited, period. The distance and time system can be exploited, period. Not enough is done to stop such exploits or at least to make them a lot more difficult. It's the same with the guest system, guests should never be allowed to join member competitions and anyone who checks recent guest winners can confirm. I'm not a noob to this game, I play this game for 7 years now and I've seen the number of cheaters going up immensely and I don't get the impression that enough is done to stop them and just the fact that guests are still allowed to join our competitions is just one example of that. Heck, people who deserved to be in first place instead don't even get their trophy or extra em$. To me that shows a complete disrespect for paying members.

alright mate, chill "L3M18, you can talk until you weigh an ounce" its what i intend to do. its a forum thats why were all here. you're entitled to your opinion same as me.

how do you know for sure that any of what you said is an exploit? is it simply becasue you dont agree with it?. Feeders dont loose attractiveness if shot by a MP guest. Thats fact. did EW intend for this? to increase teamwork and the social aspect? or was it just to difficult to implement some kind of feature that gave hosts control over who can shoot over there bait sights and not?. i suspect it was the later with the first being a nice silver lining.

as for leaving a game open all day with auto walk for distance and time, who cares?. its effecting nothing but HS, and to be in with a shot of getting to the top of that you need every gun and skin. Be prepared to pump huge funds into the game for development that i can later enjoy. you have my blessing and i hope that grind is worth while.

these arnt what i call exploits. a true exploit was the unlimited comp attempts in the old days. and thats were that is now, in "the old days" becasue EW fixed it. its not like you can use a friends barrel in comps all pig and bear comps are single player for that reason.

"Why are you defending those cheaters so much?" becasue i dont class the people in question as cheaters

Ill tell you what, give us some ideas for a solution to the MP feeder issue and the auto walk, time/distance achievement issue and if i cant give a valid rock solid answer to why it wont work ill agree with you pal. becasue for what they are which is trivial. they arn't game breaking at all, however i can imagine the remedy's are.
Androssi
Spotter

Post by Androssi »

The idea of awarding new rifles like .340 Weatherby to comp winners that may have cheated their way there makes me cringe. Can't they just give all whom participated & complete the competition/event the ability to buy the weapon first? This would encourage more activity. I doubt the masses become very motivated to participate in an event if the thought is there's 3000 players and only a hand-full of podium spots that award new weapon.
xsighx

Post by xsighx »

i am tired to spend much money for look only this people that win competition with cheating all time
never i win because this cheater make what want with games
i make one screeen of one that without make nothing shot one deer in 300 meter LOL
is possible post this screenshot?
much people think want see

Return to “General Chat”