A Support/Hackers Discussion

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: A Support/Hackers Discussion

Post by DHRifleman »

While you may submit the email to support about suspected hacking based on someone's hunt history, I am sure David may take a quick look to see if it is a blatant violation. Based on his knowledge of the game, if what is shown is not possible, he will send his finding to those that will make the decision to ban or not. If any in-depth checking is needed to make a determination, I would think it is just quickly passed on.

Supports main function was to be for people that have problems getting the game to work on their PC like getting it to load, or getting MP to work, issues like double items that are not wanted, problems with their purchases, and such.
It does seem that it has become the catch all for any issue from bugs, reporting hackers/cheaters, and general dissatisfaction with any aspect of the game. This should change so David does not have to bother with things he has no control over.

As far as finding hackers everyday, it may appear that it is coming up often, but it really isn't. When someone is suspected of not playing legitimately, it should be reported and EW should handle it accordingly. Then if an actual hack has been used, they can safeguard against it working in the future. Face it, someone will always try and beat the system, and will succeed. If no reports were being made, that is when I would worry since it means they are not being detected.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

Nickolino wrote: Still, you know that there is a lot of people on this who did it. Hunting simulators are a niche game style and this game is practically alone on market, there is no direct competitors. Real Hunters and gamers who's like this genre (like me) have no other "place" to go.

People spend a lot of money on this because it's a freemium game built that way. If you want to enjoy the game and progress competitively you MUST spend a lot of em$, there is no other way. To hunt every animal you MUST have membership. To hunt birds you MUST buy decoys. To grind hunter score you MUST have all guns and reskins even you don't like the weapons. I won't criticize this system, you accept this at the moment you invest money. My point was that is disproportionate when one side is willing to invest thousands of hours and dollars and the other does not give a damn about the opinion of the first. There is bugs with a lot of time without response and items releaseds without a minimum quality control, like the aimpoint.
People who spend a lot of money do it because they decide it, not because they have to.

I find the membership to be reasonable considering the number of hours the average member spends in the game. With a few weapons that you can buy on sales on top of the free starter kit you cover everything ( for instance with the 9.3x62 I bought on sale I can hunt all deers, bears and pigs, and with the 45/70 Buffalo rifle I also bought on sale I can hunt the big ones ). Add the free .243 and shotgun and that's it. I bought a Snakebite bow also on sale with which I can shoot everything. So if you buy more weapons it's because you want them, not because you need them.

You don't have to grind hunter score, you do it only if you want to ( I personnally really don't care ), and for birds you can hunt in MP games with friends who already have the decoys set up. It's only a matter of taking some time to contact the right people.
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Just to show its not all a lost cause, I caught 2 this week, they were both members, and between them they had at least 2 tents and 47 additional weapons.

Its not a lost cause, there is plenty of community members reporting these <word left out>.
Jensen
Blacktail Hunter

Post by Jensen »

And what about this?:

Reserve: Readfeather Falls
Gametime: 8h 13m 59s

And not a singel shot fired from the host.

Is this cheating or what?

Jensen
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Jensen wrote:And what about this?:

Jensen
There's a distinct difference between pausing the game and letting the clock tick away in the background (something the developers have chosen to allow) and using a third party memory hack to influence the client for things like teleporting animals, altering ammo, freezing animals, changing the colours of animals so they can be spotted from miles away etc. I've often had to pause the game to do something else, and from time to time I've alt-tabbed out and forgetten about it. I realise some people do it constantly to boost their duration achievement, but it's still not the same as downloading and makking a conscious decision to use a hack.

It's a whole different debate in my opinion. Hunter score points in no way influence your chances of winning a competition, which is where most of the damage is caused by cheaters.
Jensen
Blacktail Hunter

Post by Jensen »

caledonianblues wrote:

Jensen
There's a distinct difference between pausing the game and letting the clock tick away in the background (something the developers have chosen to allow) and using a third party memory hack to influence the client for things like teleporting animals, altering ammo, freezing animals, changing the colours of animals so they can be spotted from miles away etc. I've often had to pause the game to do something else, and from time to time I've alt-tabbed out and forgetten about it. I realise some people do it constantly to boost their duration achievement, but it's still not the same as downloading and makking a conscious decision to use a hack.

It's a whole different debate in my opinion. Hunter score points in no way influence your chances of winning a competition, which is where most of the damage is caused by cheaters.
Thanks, it's good to know. :)

Jensen
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

caledonianblues wrote:

Jensen

Yes I can't blame those people. In my eyes the game is at fault here. The huntermate has a clock! You could just take the hunt duration from that clock. The clock is paused in singleplayer when you are not activly playing. The same as distance travelled could also be taken from the huntermate and be correct for once...

Also it's just one achievment that won't get you far. Quite desperate move to get HS points.^^
Nickolino

Post by Nickolino »

Jensen wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:And what about this?:

Jensen

Yeah, I do it a lot. It's pushing my HS/h down. Sometimes I must get away from keyboard, sometimes I sleep and forget the game open (pretty common).

Corsaire31 wrote:You don't have to grind hunter score, you do it only if you want to ( I personnally really don't care ), and for birds you can hunt in MP games with friends who already have the decoys set up. It's only a matter of taking some time to contact the right people.
As I already said, the problem is not this and I left quite clear in my post. It is undeniable the company's inefficiency to handle this kind of problem (and some others), two weeks to see that there's a guy doing impossible hunts and posting prints of himself cheating on his gallery is not acceptable, and when I say two weeks I'm being pretty optimistic.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

as others have said, leaving the game running to up HS isnt exactly sporting but its not exactly cheating. its for personal goals only it doesn't effect comps like the actual hack does. plus i know a few guys that use a common password for friends launch a game and then leave for hours to grant friends access to theyre reserves and equipment. thats social and completely acceptable if you ask me.
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

i leave my server running all night for my friend to hunt bears and hogs he comes on late

Return to “General Chat”