A Support/Hackers Discussion

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: A Support/Hackers Discussion

Post by L3M182 »

olivier.croata wrote:I am wanting to buy another license of the game mine will expire in a few days, but I am seeing scores out of the common of several players including the first placed one with 100000 of score logging several times in a row in a short time and in 4 minutes of game can cross the map and shoot down 2 or more animals, repeating this scheme several times a day. A shame for such an expensive game to let these hackers abuse like that.

If you mean a player spawns at a tent in a “hot area” say within view of a feeder, gets a kill then fast travels to another tent and does the same. That’s not cheating that’s using the game within its design and perimeters. However unsporting some find this it’s not cheating. You only get limited attempts in comps so it’s not rinse and repeat all day.

However if a player is moving around a map at impossible rates and getting many kills in an unusual time without the use of tents. Simply report it. that is one thing that EW will do Quick and efficient they will ban cheaters. They cannot be faulted in that front.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

If you want to take the time to watch it, here is a longshot on a Brown Bear from a live Stream that I made a couple years ago telling and showing how it is done. I actually have several longshot videos on my channel with different Bows. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

INTIMID883R wrote:If you want to take the time to watch it, here is a longshot on a Brown Bear from a live Stream that I made a couple years ago telling and showing how it is done. I actually have several longshot videos on my channel with different Bows. Enjoy.

Heh, I love that first part of the video when you watched the arrow hit the bear though the binoculars! Not sure why but I find it very satisfying
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Myself I am very disappointed on how support handles hackers/cheaters in this game. It’s so bad that I detours me from even spending any more money on memberships or in game items. I say this as I have reported the same person multiple times as they have continued to use the same hack/cheat, This person that is using cheats to teleport animals to there location has been banned on different accounts before for using the same cheat after I have reported him to EW many times. The problem I have with EW and how they treat cheating is that all they do is ban the account. I don’t believe that this is enough as it takes someone that got banned just minutes to make a new account and continue cheating. But they need to buy a new membership?? Nope! The hack includes a cheat to have unlimited membership! I believe that EW needs to go a step farther and find a new way to permanently ban people for example a IP ban so that person could make a new account on the same internet that they got banned, implement better anti cheat system that can find cheaters, or at least raise red flags on someone’s accounts for EW to investigate as this person has been getting away with it for a long time, and only getting banned when I report the account that they are currently using. EW should also actively follow up on links to cheats that are provided to them, and to try to remove them.

I don’t even want to create a support ticket with proof to ban this person anymore as the same thing will happen, they get reported by me with proof -> they get banned -> they make a new account and continue to cheat a hour or so later-> I get frustrated that nothing has happened.

This is my criticism of how EW treats cheating and hacking in this game and in no way am I trying to hurt the company but this issue needs to be brought up.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

IP address bans don't really work anymore. Many, if not most, ISP's provide dynamic IP address to consumers, meaning the IP address can change at anytime. The consumer can usually force a change by re-booting or resetting their modem/router. And of course using a VPN also gets around IP address bans. IP address bans can also result in another completely innocent person getting banned just because their ISP gave them the previously banned address.
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i know steam have a method to impose a ban at the developers request making it so they cant access online play via that steam account(happens allot in pubg), but then what stops them creating a new steam account.

i never get cheating in the form that is strong in this game. if you persistently cheat until caught, then start again until youre caught again then rinse and repeat, what is it you're gaining?. are people seriously doing it to simply deny others a win?. they cant even claim its trolling as they never get to see the response.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I don't play anymore because of cheaters. Sure, I could play against my own scores but seeing they don't even show on leaderboards because of cheaters is too demoralizing. I'd rather play COTW, as much as I hate aspects of that (too arcade-y). I sank $200 into this game since I started playing again late last year and feel like it was just a waste honestly. Maybe I'm too competitive but I feel that competitive drive is common here.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)

Return to “General Chat”