strange message

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Hubert
Tracker

strange message

Post by Hubert »

After ending a hunt I tried, right away, to activate a competition but i got this strange message:
you can't activate a competition while you hunt !
What's going on ? New bugs ?? This is very annoying, please solve this anomaly ASAP.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: strange message

Post by Hawkeye »

Hubert wrote:After ending a hunt I tried, right away, to activate a competition but i got this strange message:
What's going on ? New bugs ?? This is very annoying, please solve this anomaly ASAP.
They recently made a change preventing an exploit where players were activating competitions during hunts. Looks like the issue of a hunt not closing properly after ending interferes with that change.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

When you want to end your hunt, press alt+F4
this way the server recognizes your hunt ending faster and you will be able to immediately join a comp. closing the game normally can result in the server thinking your hunt is running for a couple minutes longer.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hubert wrote:After ending a hunt I tried, right away, to activate a competition but i got this strange message:
Close the launcher and do a full refresh on the competition page (Ctrl-F5). If that does not fix it, wait another minute, do another refresh and you should be able to activate the comps.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Rottenflesh
Tracker

Post by Rottenflesh »

killertut wrote:When you want to end your hunt, press alt+F4
this way the server recognizes your hunt ending faster and you will be able to immediately join a comp. closing the game normally can result in the server thinking your hunt is running for a couple minutes longer.
That's a nice little tid bit to know! Thanks killer :D
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

Yesterday I had to close the launcher and restart to enter comp. ;)

Return to “General Chat”