Your opinion about the animal list in the new reserve

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
chinook2835
Tracker

Re: Your opinion about the animal list in the new reserve

Post by chinook2835 »

thewindiw wrote:I'm very happy with it and they never did say that was the complete list of animals!

,thewindow :P
hopefully not with it being the biggest reserve i expected more than 5 species however i think someone said about one being added in,other than that though the animals they did list im very happy about just hoping the elk and bear are noticeably different.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well, I love the list. All depends on the sheep and if it's just a duplication of ibex. Also, there is no varmint such as a fox or coyote. There would be obvious justification for cougar/mountain lion or wolf. A new animal is to come given the hints so far. Alena did say once that if, or when they did a wolf it would be done properly in the right way if it happened at all. This could be the moment but my first thoughts, I would expect to see a big cat in the Rockies before a wolf, at least from my one and only trip there. Additionally NA Rockies cover a LOT of territory here and in Canada. From what I've been told, the real crazy mountains are in the great white north. Bottom line- They can keep the pigeons or I have a better idea - In the store, sell ptarmigan poison, single use so at the beginning of the game you poison the entire population so they are gone :lol: ~ so that's about how much I like them at this point :lol: ... I'd buy it, kind of like scent eliminator. I know one guy who would buy the Roe deer version in bulk! :lol: don't get me wrong, they are beautiful! Awesome work! .... just how I really feel :D ~
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Bearded_Bushman
Spotter

Post by Bearded_Bushman »

Moose, Grizzly Bear, Black Bear, Mountain Goat, Blacktail Deer, Wolf, Mountain Elk, Cougar, Lynx & Coyote are all species currently legally hunted in the rockies area irl.
Australian Bushcraft, Bush Tucker, Survival, Tracking, Firecraft, Outdoor Gear, Photography, Fishing, Camping, Exploring Australia and it's Flora & Fauna.
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

I want to give credit to EW and a big thank you in regards to these animals.

First, we are getting at least 2 new animals right from the start in a new reserve. that is a first I think. Secondly, prior to the reserve release, Daniel has shared with us the 5 animals. Again perhaps a first.

Truly looking forward to the Bighorn. And I think the list of 5 animals really fits the reserve. As it will be so large and Daniel hinted at an announced future addition, perhaps it will be a 6th or even 7th animal. That would be great.

I could really see Mountain Goat. That would be tremendous. Or mountain lion. Or Shiras Moose.

As far as a re-skin of the Elk possibly, I for one don't' see any negative about that. I think we should focus on the fact that we are getting two new species. Sure, I would like to see a separate Rocky Mtn Elk species. Even a Shiras moose (separate animal to hunt) added and other animals that are subspecies. But just glad to see BIghorn right now.

Thanks.
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

Depends where in the Rockies they are a bit HUGE you know;)

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

I am happy that I get another goat to hunt. Looking forward to the release of the new reserve.
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

Radamus wrote:Well, I love the list. All depends on the sheep and if it's just a duplication of ibex. Also, there is no varmint such as a fox or coyote. There would be obvious justification for cougar/mountain lion or wolf. A new animal is to come given the hints so far. Alena did say once that if, or when they did a wolf it would be done properly in the right way if it happened at all. This could be the moment but my first thoughts, I would expect to see a big cat in the Rockies before a wolf, at least from my one and only trip there. Additionally NA Rockies cover a LOT of territory here and in Canada. From what I've been told, the real crazy mountains are in the great white north. Bottom line- They can keep the pigeons or I have a better idea - In the store, sell ptarmigan poison, single use so at the beginning of the game you poison the entire population so they are gone :lol: ~ so that's about how much I like them at this point :lol: ... I'd buy it, kind of like scent eliminator. I know one guy who would buy the Roe deer version in bulk! :lol: don't get me wrong, they are beautiful! Awesome work! .... just how I really feel :D ~
Ah yes. Roe Deer Eliminator. Will they sell that in 55 gallon drums? 8-)
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Would have liked coyotes on this. Don't really see a reason not to include them. But other than that i'm really happy.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

The point is that this reserve have to be full of animals (in reasonable numbers balanced with reserve's size)we dont want another empty huge reserve like wrr, and if the number of animals in the new reserve is ok, i dont want them to be reduced as they did in VDB because a bunch of players asked them to.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I like the proposed line-up, and I'm particularly excited about having mule deer on another map. I would have liked a canine too, so my hope is for coyotes or wolves some time in the future. I honestly think felines are an unrealistic expectation. Their implementation would be extremely complex compared to any other species, and without proper environmental interaction (climbing trees, standing on top of or draping themselves over large rocks) I don't think they would work. I very much doubt we will see cats in this reserve.

Return to “General Chat”