New Traditional Arctic Clothing

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Re: New Traditional Arctic Clothing

Post by wintergoose »

Love the new outfit.
Will only use the recurvbow when using it. No gun with this outfitt

Took down 3 bisons. Best way to make them attac and stay cool, aim and take them down from the front
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Muglug wrote:Out of the Bundles it cheaper to buy the "Traditional Arctic Clothing Bundle" then buy "1 Recurve bow" then buy "1 Longbow",
than it is to buy the "Traditional Arctic Hunting bundle". !
Don't no what happened there, but I am wrong anyway, sorry :oops:
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

After checking out the info & specs (and the high price) on the new Traditional Arctic Clothing, I think I'm going to pass on this outfit.
A lot of what's been stated with the opinions of many of our members, I have to agree with.

The outfit itself is great looking for the conditions of hunting in WRR, but as Chris mentioned, you cannot use traditional weapons (.50 cal. Muzzleloader, and Longbow) for hunting Bison which is ok, but I think that should be an option for the hunter to decide whether or not to risk the very close encounter for the traditional weapon to be effective.

On the plus side for this outfit, you are able to take Moose, Sitka, Fox, and Snowshoe Hare and use any ethical weapon for the species while wearing the traditional clothing.

I don't understand the logic with the Snow Goggles, they are great looking and make a great disguise while wearing them, but - why is there no reduction of snow blindness and filtering out the intense white light while wearing them?
If the Snow Goggles do nothing more than making you look cool, and offer no aide to the optical conditions of WRR, I'm really not interested in spending that much. I'll stick with the Basic Arctic Sneaky 3D Winter Camo. 8-)
Spoiler:
slackster
Tracker

Post by slackster »

The avatar looks sweaty :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Swampfox wrote: I don't understand the logic with the Snow Goggles, they are great looking and make a great disguise while wearing them, but - why is there no reduction of snow blindness and filtering out the intense white light while wearing them?
If the Snow Goggles do nothing more than making you look cool, and offer no aide to the optical conditions of WRR, I'm really not interested in spending that much.
I hope the answer to this is that they'll address the blinding white snow for everybody, rather than using the goggles as the solution. Maybe if they removed the goggles from the bundle & adjusted the price accordingly, it wouldn't look so bad on paper.

Edit: I don't know how I missed this before, but since the price comparisons are based on the Outback, why is the bundle discount so different? With the Outback bundle, you're saving 40% off of what you'd pay for each piece separately. With the new Traditional Arctic Bundle, you're only saving 31.3%, with 2 pieces added. Usually you save more $ when you add pieces to a bundle. To match the bundle discount of the Outback would have put this bundle at $1048 em$. To remove the goggles from the bundle & keep them as an optional facewear piece would put the 5-piece bundle at $833 em$. Again, that's just matching the Outback bundle strategy, which seems to be the justification for the price. I feel like a clown for not noticing that percentage difference before & now I know why it didn't feel so bad when I bought Outback a year ago.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hawkeye wrote:
Swampfox wrote: I don't understand the logic with the Snow Goggles, they are great looking and make a great disguise while wearing them, but - why is there no reduction of snow blindness and filtering out the intense white light while wearing them?
If the Snow Goggles do nothing more than making you look cool, and offer no aide to the optical conditions of WRR, I'm really not interested in spending that much.
I hope the answer to this is that they'll address the blinding white snow for everybody, rather than using the goggles as the solution. Maybe if they removed the goggles from the bundle & adjusted the price accordingly, it wouldn't look so bad on paper.

Edit: I don't know how I missed this before, but since the price comparisons are based on the Outback, why is the bundle discount so different? With the Outback bundle, you're saving 40% off of what you'd pay for each piece separately. With the new Traditional Arctic Bundle, you're only saving 31.3%, with 2 pieces added. Usually you save more $ when you add pieces to a bundle. To match the bundle discount of the Outback would have put this bundle at $1048 em$. To remove the goggles from the bundle & keep them as an optional facewear piece would put the 5-piece bundle at $833 em$. Again, that's just matching the Outback bundle strategy, which seems to be the justification for the price. I feel like a clown for not noticing that percentage difference before & now I know why it didn't feel so bad when I bought Outback a year ago.
I agree. I did the math too in an earlier post on this thread. What the outback bundle is to the 3d arid bundle, the traditional arctic bundle is to the 3d arctic winter bundle. Regardless of how many pieces each have, the percentage of savings between the comparable bundles should be equal. Also the traditional arctic is made from animal skins just like the trapper outfit is made from animals skins. In my opinion the traditional arctic has more in common to the trapper outfit than to the outback outfit, and the traditional arctic should have the same camo effects as the trapper outfit. How and why EW decided to make the traditional arctic the same as the outback is beyond my comprehension.
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Hawkeye wrote:

The snow goggles should be kept in, but the bundle should be priced as if they were not there.

Lets face it. over $2 for a cosmetic face piece is a bit too much. If glasses DID something, I would get thm. If you could wear them with face masks and moustaches, I would get one.
MonStarHunting
Tracker

Post by MonStarHunting »

ChrisMK72 wrote:You are right, and i know that you can mix up everything together. You can wear that new outfit with an orange cap, if you like and use a modern .300 carbon.
If you like that, i really have no problem with it, cause it's a game where you can do what you like(except hunting Bison with Muzzleloaders ;) ).

But that's not what i like, and the reason why i said:
ChrisMK72 wrote:The new outfit is not for me.
I like to use oldstyle together. Then i don't wear my sunglasses or modern camo rifles.
And i like it more this way, if i use oldstyle things :

Picture:
Spoiler:
And you can't do it on Bison(Longbow and Muzzleloader not allowed.).

[EDIT Maybe we get an inuit recurve reskin for the almighty Bison :P]

So everyone how he likes to, and i only spoke about my thoughts about this.
Just wanted to inform not offend :) and in first place i wanted to point out that:
1. It would not be unrealistic to mix inuit clothing and modern weapons
and
2. the muzzleloader would be unrealistic with inuit clothing

and of course you can hunt as you wish and i can understand this pretty well - i am using the longbow with inuit clothing and have recurve for the bison case (also unrealistic i know ;))
Maybe i will try some lever action too but cannot imagine to carry a bullpup with it for example.

and by the way bison and longbow would be an awesome challenge!

[Edit: Maybe we get an inuit recurve reskin for the almighty Bison :P]
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the hat actually a hood that should be attached to the jacket? I don't see how you can even wear the hat without it covering your eyes, or falling off the back of your head.

Anyway, still too pricey.
Mich Angel
Hunter

Post by Mich Angel »

RickC wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the hat actually a hood that should be attached to the jacket? I don't see how you can even wear the hat without it covering your eyes, or falling off the back of your head.

Anyway, still too pricey.
I had a jacket and hud like that once in time, the jacket have a collar and the hood is detachable it's more like a "hoodie hat" that you secure it around the collar with leather strings and it stays on really good. You can leave it attached or take it off when it's warmer.
Hunt with your head not with your itchy trigger finger.. and things probably turn out a lot more successful and fun ;)

Return to “General Chat”