Always impressed when I come back here.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jing000
Tracker

Always impressed when I come back here.

Post by Jing000 »

While I almost never end up on the forums and tend to take wide breaks from gaming in general, this is the one game that I always end up returning to after awhile and I'm glad to say that each time I do, I'm quite impressed by it. Remembering back to the early days when it looked like it was going to go under and looking at it today is quite a good feeling.

I make it a point to make one of these topics at least once a year, so once again, a giant thank you to the dev's and community members here who continue to make this the best hunting game on the market!, I hope for a long future for the game.

And looking around at the new stuff... I think it's time I tried a dog and maybe hunt some whitetail down on that swamp!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Always impressed when I come back here.

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back and happy hunting :)
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Alot like an old friend you haven't seen for awhile. A familar yet new expierence again and a feeling of it's "been too long."
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Welcome back, good timing, we are about to release the biggest reserve ever :)
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Alena Rybik wrote:Welcome back, good timing, we are about to release the biggest reserve ever :)
is that just another teaser or are we about to get a download :P

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Adolamin
Tracker

Post by Adolamin »

killertut wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:Welcome back, good timing, we are about to release the biggest reserve ever :)
is that just another teaser or are we about to get a download :P
We are about to get the download (at least some time today).
Alena Rybik wrote:It will be released today :) If you've already received your box, please just wait a tiny bit longer.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

yay :D

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
It will be released today :) If you've already received your box, please just wait a tiny bit longer.
woot mine didnt even got send off...hek, well seams i have to wait for my 45-70^^
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Jing000 wrote: Remembering back to the early days when it looked like it was going to go under and looking at it today is quite a good feeling.

I make it a point to make one of these topics at least once a year, so once again, a giant thank you to the dev's and community members here who continue to make this the best hunting game on the market!, I hope for a long future for the game.
Welcome back, i can understand what you mean.

Even if i'm still a very new and fresh Member, when i look how many years the older member already have, i also had some little breaks from the game already.
Especially when i got some great new other games i want to play for a while. That's no problem. The membership runs all the time.

But this is the game i always come back to, and which gets better and better for every year.

When i look on the calender i already have 2,5+ years membership(since Jan. 2013), even if i still feel like one of the newer members.
I don't regret one day of it.

I remember it was around new years day 2013 when i checked the game, hunting only with the .243, and i was hooked from the first moment.
The atmosphere of the game, everything together, the sound, the graphics, the feeling as if you were really out there, the patience you must have to get a good trophy, and the rewarding feeling if you managed it.
So many things i can't describe. Just feeling good playing it.
I bought a trailrunner membership right from the start.

At the beginning of 2013, i was a little afraid, how long this game will manage to live. Fortunately for no reason.
It was still the time before multiplayer. And i already loved the game.
I bought a lot to support the game, cause i wanted it to be a success.
We need this game. There is no other like this. :-)

Still support it, as good as possible.

There are good times, and bad times, like in every good relationship. But the good times are much more.

Today will be another highlight(with the new reserve coming). Like x-mas. Only better. :-)

Let's meet here in 2020, and look at these old postings, still playing theHunter ! :-)

And of course: Thanks devs and the whole theHunter-Team !!!
gregske
Tracker

Post by gregske »

Same here!
I started to play this game when there was only one reserve.
If I can remember correct...It was only mule deer and whitetail deer to hunt. Some other species also...Mmmhhhh, coyote?
Didn't know in the early days of this game, that there were lots to come.
I think it was way back in 2008-2009. Don't remember it exactly. :oops:
I'm a gamer from the time the first computers came out. Black screen with white text. DOS it was and...Programs were written in BASIC.
I played many games with "pixels"...And fun that was during the "old" days. :D
Back in 1992, i played games on windows 3.1. Can you imagine?
I played "red alert", guys. 8-)
I'm keeping a HD from these days...246MB!!! Hehe...And working!
Unbelievable!

I'm now 54 years old and...25 years later...Look and see at these beautifull maps, stunning light with magnificent rendered virtual species.
It's almost unbelieveable to walk around in these environments.
I also play many games but...Like you guys said...I ALWAYS come back to this one.
I love this game and want to thank the dev's for making this beautifull stunning game.
I also want to say to the great community to buy something in the store from time to time.
This way...The dev's have there income to develop this game to unseen proportions.

Well guys...
I want to say to everybody...Peace, love and understanding and...Very good hunting!

Gregske.

P.s: I want to hunt a trophy but...It's so difficult these days! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Chat”