clothing effect

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: clothing effect

Post by Fletchette »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I think I read somewhere that clothing doesn't stack with stands or blinds, but face paint does. Not 100 percent sure though.
I thought I read that is does stack, but this is a complicated question. There are several "camo" effects, (sight, sound, smell). I believe they all stack, (cloths, stands, towers, blinds, scent eliminator, etc.), but can't imagine that being in a deployable tower which has no scent reduction, turns off the scent elimination of cloths or scent eliminator.

So at the very least, I would think that the scent reduction of cloths would stack with the sight reduction of towers. But I also think that the individual camo (sight for example) also stacks.

There limits of course, and with the exception of being completely invisible to flying ducks and geese when in a blind, there is always a point where animals may detect you, no matter what you are wearing and where you are hiding. :shock:
Personal Bests...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Okay, I was only talking about visual concealment, but even that doesn't seem so clear now. But since all platforms offer significant visual camo already and you usually don't move much while in a stand, maybe this effect is negligible. It's different with scent for sure!
Image Image Image
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Fletchette wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I think I read somewhere that clothing doesn't stack with stands or blinds, but face paint does. Not 100 percent sure though.
I thought I read that is does stack, but this is a complicated question. There are several "camo" effects, (sight, sound, smell). I believe they all stack, (cloths, stands, towers, blinds, scent eliminator, etc.), but can't imagine that being in a deployable tower which has no scent reduction, turns off the scent elimination of cloths or scent eliminator.

So at the very least, I would think that the scent reduction of cloths would stack with the sight reduction of towers. But I also think that the individual camo (sight for example) also stacks.

There limits of course, and with the exception of being completely invisible to flying ducks and geese when in a blind, there is always a point where animals may detect you, no matter what you are wearing and where you are hiding. :shock:
Yea, I mean more so the visual aspect. But also the scent and sound for the deer clothing. Like, the tree stands, etc.

If I am wearing all the summer camo, and I get in a ground blind in a forested area. Is that an extra "layer" of visual camo too?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I'd say it works like this...
If you use the Scent eliminator spray alone with no camo on it gives you Good Scent Reduction.
If you had full Trapper outfit on + scent eliminator spray it would still only give you Good Scent Reduction. You're not benefiting at all from the trapper outfit scent reduction.
If you're in a Treestand and used Scent eliminator spray same thing ^ it would not work because you're already benefiting from excellent scent reduction that the Treestand alone gives you.

Since the game rates all camo like this: Some < Moderate < Above Moderate < Fairly Good < Good < Excellent < Legendary.
I personally would say they don't stack up unless another item has a greater value like I explained up top ^ That's the only way it makes perfect sense at least to me anyway.

If you go to the store and look at a B&C hat individually it doesn't say the item has to be in a full set to get full effect. Otherwise that's false selling information.
So I'd say if you brought a hat from a B&C outfit it would have... Visual Reduction: Good, Scent Reduction: Moderate, Sound Reduction: Some. The exact same stats BUT only applied to that part of the body - your head.

Roughly though it's hard to say exactly how much protection it gives considering all animals are different but I'd say 2M distance reduction being Some and 14M distance reduction being Legendary.
That is just my opinion.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Geredis
Spotter

Re: clothing effect - effect of scarves on Arid and Snowy ou

Post by Geredis »

I wonder, to add to this - with the implementation of the scarves; does this mean that the Arid and Snowy Forest kits acutally have hte highest absolute values for reduction, or does each kit still have the same value, but instead of each part being 1/5 of your camo value, each piece is now worth less individually because of the inclusion of the scarf?
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: clothing effect - effect of scarves on Arid and Snowy ou

Post by Ravenousfox »

Geredis wrote:I wonder, to add to this - with the implementation of the scarves; does this mean that the Arid and Snowy Forest kits acutally have hte highest absolute values for reduction, or does each kit still have the same value, but instead of each part being 1/5 of your camo value, each piece is now worth less individually because of the inclusion of the scarf?
As I stated above the only way it makes perfect sense to me is it gives you excellent camo only on that part of your body (your face) Hats cover your head,ect,ect.
Example: even with a full set of set Sneaky 3D Arid Camo = excellent protection BUT your face still isn't covered so you'd need the scarf to cover your face for full protection.
That's how I think the camo system works.

Don't count it all as one set bonus but each as an individual piece.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “General Chat”