where are the NT Muleys? Anyone who has shot one chime in!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
butter8808
Hunter

where are the NT Muleys? Anyone who has shot one chime in!

Post by butter8808 »

THis is a serious question for those of you fortunate enough to have shot an NT Muley. Where do you find them? I know that they are rare and random, but have any of you that have shot them found them in the groups that spawn or are they always loners, out wandering by themselves. i ask because pretty much every one of the Hundreds of hunts i have done since the update i have run into at least one group of the multiple Muleys and more often than not i run into 2 or 3 of these groups. now numbers alone should dictate that the more muleys i see the greater chance of spotting and getting the NT would be. Am i wasting my time tracking the groups?
Please anyone who has shot an NT in one of the groups let me know.
I have gone so far as tho plot coordinates of the harvested NT's and i make sure to buzz those ares in every hunt. While the harvest areas are well spread there are places where more have been shot than others. for example the main road out of the south lodge and NW of the the 3 lakes area seem to be the most productive, even though NTs have been shot pretty much everywhere on the island.
DeerSlayer4545

Re: where are the NT Muleys? Anyone who has shot one chime i

Post by DeerSlayer4545 »

Havent had the chance to take one out yet but I have seen a few in the group of bucks commonly found at the tower on the south end of loggers map if that helps you out any
LeeMax
Scout

Post by LeeMax »

I've only found one, and he was alone near the Northern tower.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

They are random. They are spawned randomly, in random locations. They roam random routes. Whether they are alone or part of a group is random.

The areas where most are killed (heat maps), is more of a function of where hunters spend the most time, than it is of where the animals spend time.

This is most true for MD on LP. Some of the other species, WT for example, are spawned in certain areas, so it takes a while for them to spread out. But MD seem to be spawn pretty evenly across all of LP.

On other maps, species specific spawning areas are more pronounced. In RFF for example, most elk spawn in the northeast and move south and west during the day. Moose spawn in the west, and move east during the day. WT spawn in the west and extreme southeast, and move north and east during the day.
Personal Bests...
jdogg420
Scout

Post by jdogg420 »

butter8808 wrote: now numbers alone should dictate that the more muleys i see the greater chance of spotting and getting the NT would be. Am i wasting my time tracking the groups?
this statement falls under the gamblers fallacy.

i have had posts related to the fallacy so i wont go into it...

but ya since any male muley has a small chance to be one you just first have to have one spawn in game then you have to find it.. the only way to get one is to hunt them of course. but that doesnt mean hunting more and more of them you are guranteed to ever get one. if really want one the only way to do it is to keep hunting them.. but ya nothing is guranteed. the only way to gurantee is to not hunt it and that gurantee you dont get it....odds are you will eventually get one if you keep hunting them but to say when you will it could be the next one you shoot or could take you 1000s of kills.... or more..

some games do program the gamblers fallacy into them but i dont think this game does, and one way i have come to that conclusion is if the gamblers fallacy was involved in the programming we all would be hitting #1 leaderboard animals all the time...and getting nt muleys all the time..instead of randomly.
banlok
Tracker

Post by banlok »

butter8808 wrote:THis is a serious question for those of you fortunate enough to have shot an NT Muley. Where do you find them? I know that they are rare and random, but have any of you that have shot them found them in the groups that spawn or are they always loners, out wandering by themselves. i ask because pretty much every one of the Hundreds of hunts i have done since the update i have run into at least one group of the multiple Muleys and more often than not i run into 2 or 3 of these groups. now numbers alone should dictate that the more muleys i see the greater chance of spotting and getting the NT would be. Am i wasting my time tracking the groups?
Please anyone who has shot an NT in one of the groups let me know.
I have gone so far as tho plot coordinates of the harvested NT's and i make sure to buzz those ares in every hunt. While the harvest areas are well spread there are places where more have been shot than others. for example the main road out of the south lodge and NW of the the 3 lakes area seem to be the most productive, even though NTs have been shot pretty much everywhere on the island.

I lost hope to find them. That goes for Blacktails , too. If we had a year or so maybe we could find them.
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

I actually found 2 loners in the same general area in 2 different hunts, 500-600m north of the south lodge at Loggers
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

I encountered mine in a group of "three brothers" slightly to the NW of the southern tower.

But, as Fletchette already pointed out, it will not help you at all to know where we struck ours. Unfortunately, you'll need to find yours all by yourself at some other random location.
However, it may help you to know that I had already as good as given up on this search when it finally turned successful - only two days before expiry of the very first deadline and after almost three weeks of exclusive LP hunting.
My season stats
Spoiler:
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

Bonaventura wrote:I encountered mine in a group of "three brothers" slightly to the NW of the southern tower.

But, as Fletchette already pointed out, it will not help you at all to know where we struck ours. Unfortunately, you'll need to find yours all by yourself at some other random location.
However, it may help you to know that I had already as good as given up on this search when it finally turned successful - only two days before expiry of the very first deadline and after almost three weeks of exclusive LP hunting.

Thanks for the input. that is all i really wanted to know was whether you can find them in the groups or if you are better off looking for loners.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

butter8808 wrote:Thanks for the input. that is all i really wanted to know was whether you can find them in the groups or if you are better off looking for loners.
On the very day that the NT mule + mission were released, someone posted that he had already completed the task because he found a "group of 5" with 2 NTs (sic!) in it.

Now, while the NTs by no means have to be in groups, your chances of getting one are of course tripled or even quintupled if you see three or five at one glance. But that basically means shifting the problem to finding those groups. I seem to run into them a lot, but never at the same spots.
My season stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”