Members, how long did you play as a guest?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMM1966
Scout

Members, how long did you play as a guest?

Post by OldMM1966 »

This game had me from day one, it is amazing. My name is Dave, and I am a Minecraftaholic ...along comes theHunter. Minewhat? I played for less than a week before I just had to purchase the Trailrunner bundle. Just wondering how long other players played before succumbing to the addiction.
Fallkniven

Re: Members, how long did you play as a guest?

Post by Fallkniven »

Did not even last a day lol but I'm weakminded ;)
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

I haven't been able to afford Trailrunner yet, sad to say, but I am hoping to buy it as a gift for myself someday. Maybe my next birthday or Christmas. As for how long I played as a guest - pretty much until the next payday following when I began playing. XD If I were better off financially I probably would've bought Trailrunner after the first week. This is a new genre of game for me - I've never been very into hunting games before because all the ones I've played in the past (except, of course, for the NES classic Duck Hunter LOL) were lame and boring. So I wasn't 100% certain I was willing to put money into it at first. To tell the truth I was happy just going after mule deer for quite a while. It was only when I began really wanting to go after other species that I was sure it was worth it to buy a membership. With that said, I am glad I did and I plan to keep playing as a member for a long while yet.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Right up until I saw a good whitetail buck from the southern tower on Logger's Point and couldn't shoot it without a license.......So about 10 minutes. :D
Personal Bests...
OldMM1966
Scout

Post by OldMM1966 »

Fletchette wrote:Right up until I saw a good whitetail buck from the southern tower on Logger's Point and couldn't shoot it without a license.......So about 10 minutes. :D
LOL, I killed my only leaderboard trophy from that tower in my first few days as a guest. 243.543 Muley....didn't even know I could take a trophy shot. lol
Geredis
Spotter

Post by Geredis »

I'd have to check my hunt history, but I know it didn't last longer than a week. Maybe a day and a half, three days max
Spoiler:
leo1954au
Master Competitor

Post by leo1954au »

When I first started the hunter it was still in the beta stage and you could only play the game by receiving a code to play but when it did come out for sale I purchased a year membership strait away, I only have a game every now and then these days but back in 2009 I played a hell of a lot of hours.
Last edited by leo1954au on June 12th, 2015, 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I played as a guest for a month, didn't know anything. I saw it as a free DL in the app store and thought I'll try this. It didn't look like the pop up point and shoot junk I'd seen before. Then I found the forum and started seeing all the cool pictures and Hoo's videos and realized there was a lot more to this thing than I was seeing. Then I saw guys who have been playing since 2008 and 9 and thought, wow, this thing has been around a while and I observed the community element to accompany the game and that was enough for me to throw down. I thought what the heck, I'll throw $50 at this thing and see how it goes. I think that's the point you can decide "this is/isn't for me" and let it play out.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
marcthehunter
Hunter

Post by marcthehunter »

I started playing when the game was in the beta stage, when you needed a code to play. I played for about a month or two before buying a membership, which was called ''warden'' back then. I played the game until my computer stopped working, which was about 2 years ago. I stopped renewing my membership then. I intend to get back to the game when I manage to get an acceptable computer. I must admit that I have a certain regret in losing my warden membership, I wish I had bought the Pioneer membership when I could.
Durkaderr
Spotter

Post by Durkaderr »

I started playing as soon as it was released on Steam about a year ago. I was a guest for....hmmm... one or two days before I bought the cheap pack. Then I hunted for a few weeks with the pump shotgun because I could hunt everything with it. Then I went snakebite for everything. Then after that well, it's a year later, and I am playing it more than ever.

Return to “General Chat”