Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Michaelairjordan

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Michaelairjordan »

Lol
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Not sure how many people know this. Today I discovered something cool about Settler's creek that made me like this map a little more. It's the leaning trees. You can climb them and use them almost like a tree stand. So now when I see a leaning tree I will be very happy. I wonder if other maps have leaning trees that you can climb?
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

I know there is one on loggers point at the 3 lakes area opposite of the cliff. And i think i saw one on hirschfelden too between some fields but not sure which one anymore.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Not sure how many people know this. Today I discovered something cool about Settler's creek that made me like this map a little more. It's the leaning trees. You can climb them and use them almost like a tree stand. So now when I see a leaning tree I will be very happy. I wonder if other maps have leaning trees that you can climb?
Some trivia on the leaning trees:
- You can only run up leaning trees in WH, SC and LP.
- Most of them occur in WH, I would estimate 40-50. SC also has many. LP has very few.
- You can only run up leaning trees if your scene complexity is set to low.
- There are leaning trees in HF, but you will fall through when you are a few meters up.
- People have been using these trees since the early days to increase their height for long shot contests and leaderboads. I made a guide here using such a tree.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

HooCairs wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Not sure how many people know this. Today I discovered something cool about Settler's creek that made me like this map a little more. It's the leaning trees. You can climb them and use them almost like a tree stand. So now when I see a leaning tree I will be very happy. I wonder if other maps have leaning trees that you can climb?
- Most of them occur in WH, I would estimate 40-50. SC also has many. LP has very few.
- There are leaning trees in HF, but you will fall through when you are a few meters up.
- People have been using these trees since the early days to increase their height for long shot contests and leaderboads. I made a guide here using such a tree.
Thanks for the tips Hoo! I've bookmarked your guide. As for the leaning trees, I discovered that I can climb them by complete accident. I was calling in a buck while prone on a tree root. As I crawled around I noticed myself going up the trunk. This confused me until I realized the tree was leaning. Very helpful features on these maps! :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Nope!
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Thanks for the tips Hoo! I've bookmarked your guide. As for the leaning trees, I discovered that I can climb them by complete accident. I was calling in a buck while prone on a tree root. As I crawled around I noticed myself going up the trunk. This confused me until I realized the tree was leaning. Very helpful features on these maps! :)
Hoo, regarding your long-shot guide referenced above, it looks like the images in this helpful guide are no longer available. Where are the locations referenced there?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Hoo, regarding your long-shot guide referenced above, it looks like the images in this helpful guide are no longer available. Where are the locations referenced there?
I added another post with the pictures.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1055157
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

HooCairs wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Hoo, regarding your long-shot guide referenced above, it looks like the images in this helpful guide are no longer available. Where are the locations referenced there?
I added another post with the pictures.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1055157
Awesome! Thank you Hoo!
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Tip: If you're hunting with an inline Muzzleloader, for example Bison, Sitka, and Sheep on WRR, don't forget which ammo you have loaded when returning to the game after going AFK. Imagine a rare animal appeared when you least expected it after returning to the game, and you have that Muzzleloader in hand and fire your shot only to find it was the wrong ammo. That would suck right? It didn't happen to me fortunately, but it very well could have if this had been my luck, because I forgot what I had packed in my Muzzle before I went AFK.

Return to “General Chat”