Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by DanthemanBoone »

if you use auto load the weapon loads automatically the first time you select it.
If you use manual you have to press the reload key to load it first time.

Whichever you choose, the best tip is to train yourself to hit reload every time you fire of some shots, even if it was only one shot.
Something I learned playing Primal.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Wolftracker
Spotter

Post by Wolftracker »

Yes, that is why i wrote the tip. I even had to put a post it note on the bottom on my screen in the beginning to remind me to hold the weapon Before heading out, to make sure i had a reaady weapon when the first animal came along :)

kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Putting a slug between a wild boar's eyes will not diminish the trophy score. Plus the kills look so funny and dumb faced with a slug hole in the forehead.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
RogerYar wrote: Just turn "Auto reload" - On in the game client (Options-Gameplay) :D
Reload doesn't help if they were never loaded to start with.
I think if you got auto-reload on and equip a weapon for the first time, it'll load it automatically. I'm not sure though, turned it off ages ago. It was a nuisance when using the Tenpoint or a muzzleloader. Once you're used to it, reloading manually feels much better imo.
Indeed it will which leads back to the original tip. What wolftracker was saying is equip each weapon before leaving the lodge/tent so they are loaded rather than doing it for the first time when you have an animal feet from you and you cannot do anything because you are waiting for the load/reload animation.
Kniven
Tracker

Post by Kniven »

A tip for hosts and SP. Bring a tent for "rapid adaptation". Especially handy when you want to use your dog for tracking but don't want the bugger close during the actual hunt. Pop a tent, take out the dog and dismantle. Reverse after harvest. Oh don't forget the dog treats!
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Look closer at the big rocks and the "5 trees in sircles"... Maybe the game designers had a purpose plasing them at its spesific locations... ;) But maybe not hoocairs...?

jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

When using a gun that wobbles too much even when prone and holding your breath this tip may just help. Try moving forwards towards the animal in walk or crouch position (crouch is better) with your gun raised so you are looking down the scope. The gun wobbles a lot less this way. It is harder to move the gun left or right to correct but as long as you are pretty close in that sense of aiming at the animal all you have to worry about is up and down which is pretty easy.

P.S. If this has already been mentioned then I am sorry. I am not trolling through 39 pages to see if this has been mentioned.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

My appologies if its been covered already but I wasnt about to read through 39 pages to find out.

"X" is your friend. Use it to look around while in a treestand or tower as looking around creates movement and movememt scares you prey. The animators gave our hunters a working neck, please learn to use it (especially in multiplayer where you may scare off not only your prey but others as well. When you scare up that turkey that snuck up on you and it chain spooks and causes you to lose that trophy you were so focused on, you'll only have yourself to blame.
Additionally while walking roads and paths with you dog, your pet follows your lead. Where your eyes go, he or she goes. Walk straight and use X to scan the bushes, fields or mountain sides. The last thing you need is an anxious dog running through the bushes or anear by body of water spooking potential kills. (Learned this last one the hard way).
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Graidlyz
Spotter

Post by Graidlyz »

Foxtrotter wrote:My appologies if its been covered already but I wasnt about to read through 39 pages to find out.

"X" is your friend. Use it to look around while in a treestand or tower as looking around creates movement and movememt scares you prey. The animators gave our hunters a working neck, please learn to use it (especially in multiplayer where you may scare off not only your prey but others as well. When you scare up that turkey that snuck up on you and it chain spooks and causes you to lose that trophy you were so focused on, you'll only have yourself to blame.
Additionally while walking roads and paths with you dog, your pet follows your lead. Where your eyes go, he or she goes. Walk straight and use X to scan the bushes, fields or mountain sides. The last thing you need is an anxious dog running through the bushes or anear by body of water spooking potential kills. (Learned this last one the hard way).
While talking about tree stands and "X", you can also, while in a tree stand, look at the ground for your character to lean a bit forward and then press X rotate your neck and have a greater view behind the tree you have your treestand on ;)

This maybe already been said but as other people, I don't wanna search through 39 pages to find out.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

HooCairs wrote:By default the middle mouse key is underused.

Assign a function to it that you use all the time such as the Huntermate (that's what I have) or free look mode.
I reassigned walk to it so I could hunt without pressing w, it unlocks when pressed again, or when stalking an animal a simple press of the w makes the lock go away. :)

Return to “General Chat”