Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rb42
Spotter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by rb42 »

If you alt-tab out of a session with the flag lure going it remains going until you reactivate the window.

Now, with a very slow, steady drag along the x-axis, do the same thing and your avatar now spins slowly. Might take a couple tries. (DIZZINESS WARNING)
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Tip for Multiplayer games.
If you use toggle run or "Q" default key while in multiplayer, you can use your map and still run. This is not available in Single Player.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
Sudge

Post by Sudge »

New players shouldn't look on the investment in a feeder just as a way of shooting animals. It is a great way of quickly leveling up your spotting.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You can put a red dot on the map with the binoculars by just clicking while spotting. However you don't have a crosshair in the center of the binos and can't easily tell where the center is.

However, if you own a Duck Caller Lanyard, simply press N while in spotting mode, and you will see where the center is. No need to have it equipped, owning it is enough.

Not perfect cause a bit bulky, but better than nothing. :)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Stuck in tree roots on Piccabean? Try this escape method!

Post by Radamus »

I thought getting stuck in the tree roots was a thing of the past but this past weekend it happened again - and I found a way out!
I was tracking a cow and ran up over those roots that get you stuck - I couldn't get out and had just FT so couldn't FT again and no way to get out or so I thought. I decided to try putting a TS up hoping I could get it to slide around the tree a bit and get free, but that wouldn't work I looked around to see if it could hit any other trees and somehow I just walked out while holding the treestand - So if if happens to you, try pulling out a TS, it worked for me.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Re: Stuck in tree roots on Piccabean? Try this escape method!

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:I thought getting stuck in the tree roots was a thing of the past but this past weekend it happened again - and I found a way out!
I was tracking a cow and ran up over those roots that get you stuck - I couldn't get out and had just FT so couldn't FT again and no way to get out or so I thought. I decided to try putting a TS up hoping I could get it to slide around the tree a bit and get free, but that wouldn't work I looked around to see if it could hit any other trees and somehow I just walked out while holding the treestand - So if if happens to you, try pulling out a TS, it worked for me.
Cool. I have got stuck a few times too, and I will certainly give that a try. 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Zulgeteb

Post by Zulgeteb »

HooCairs wrote:You can put a red dot on the map with the binoculars by just clicking while spotting. However you don't have a crosshair in the center of the binos and can't easily tell where the center is.

However, if you own a Duck Caller Lanyard, simply press N while in spotting mode, and you will see where the center is. No need to have it equipped, owning it is enough.

Not perfect cause a bit bulky, but better than nothing. :)

I pulled up a crosshair of a gun and did draw a tiny dot on the screen to have an aimpoint for the binocs.
Zulgeteb

Post by Zulgeteb »

VRMuzZ wrote:Here's a tip for all you new guys on how to level up your dog (pointer) real quick..

Go to the Australian map and get your dog to search for rabbit until you find a burrow.. then just sit there and spam the fetch a rabbit command over and over again.
You will have a cool down but it does go quickly.

Level 0-22 in no time at all.
I did something similar to train my bloodhound (goes way slower but it still works).
I went to Whiterime Ridge and shot a bison (badly) with an arrow (in its knee (pun intended)), so it did flee, i repeated this 2 more times (from a different angle) and made the bison flee in almost a triangle.
Now let your dog track it, when he is done let him start all over (your dog still gets skill even he researched it already), repeat this tracking till the tracks are gone (30-40 min irl).
Eventually shoot an another bison (badly) and repeat the process.
I did this once my dog was lvl 20 orso and it gained about 2 lvls from running the track just 3 or 4 times.
When forcing the bison to run in a triangle, the triangle should fit in the screen of your hunter mate, this way you only have to walk to the start of the tracks and to the center of the triangle, while your dog is walking the full triangle.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Keeping track of where you called...

Post by Cutch »

or sprayed.
How many times have you called or sprayed to bring an animal into you "Ambush Spot"?
After you''ve called or sprayed, and sneaked away 20 to 30 meters, then turned to face
where you sprayed, and forgotten where it is. (especially in dense brushy areas.

This method has worked for years playing this awesome game:
Purchase a male turkey decoy and take it along in your backpack on every hunt. After you've called
or sprayed to lure the animals to bring then into range, place the turkey decoy at that spot.
Then sneak away from area, at what range to you need,...(depending on the weapon
you're using). ( 20 yds/meters for bows, the range you use for handguns, shotguns, and rifles,
the ranges are all different, at least for me they are.

Now your turkey decoy is easy to spot and the animals will slowly come in, and stand by the decoy
a minute of so before they lose interest and mosey off. Now it's easy to get a really, good,
standing broadside shot.

Go get em :!:

BTW, the red flags work too but are too hard so see,...that's why I switched to the turkey decoy.

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Return to “General Chat”