Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Alena Rybik »

This is the thread for you to share your tips and advice with your fellow hunters. If you've stumbled upon a great tip by another person somewhere on the forum or elsewhere, feel free to nominate it here as well. The tip has to be valuable, or interesting, or funny, or helpful, or anything but boring.

The best tips will be featured on our communication channels and collected into theHunter tips database. So, do you have any to share?
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Hawkeman »

I have a tip fore Goosehunting:

Remember to use the wingflap and goose caller in co-operation with your hunter friend in multiplayer.
You will have double working effect in attraction fore the geese to come in and break off.

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
CinAteK
Scout

Post by CinAteK »

Humorous general hunting tip:

Patience, gwasshoppah, and be vewy vewy qwiet.
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

Just a general tip for life: never scratch your bum with a broken bottle.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Do not, i repeat, do not anger doc!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
STAAAVEN

Post by STAAAVEN »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

I've already shared this very important tip via #thehuntertip, but I'll share it here aswell. "Stop running!!!"
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If you receive a call, ID it and check where the circles are on the Huntermate map. Then immediately put the Huntermate away or replace it by another item. You can now walk towards the calling location or call and wait. The next time you take out the Huntermate, even if 5 minutes later, the circles will still be there. The circles use up "screen time". Their timer only runs down when ever the Huntermate is equipped. You can repeat this four, fives times before the circles finally die off. Every time check the Huntermate quickly and remove it again.

This method saves you from having to create red dots on the map. Once you get used to doing this, you will do it all the time. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

It is interesting as once I figured out how to put a red dot on the map, I never used that method again.

An extension of that is if you want to mark several positions, mark a dot on the map, and then draw a small cross on the big map to mark it. You can then place the red dot in a new position without losing the position of the old mark.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Unless you have somewhere important to go, stop and take the time to ID every track you come across. This increases your tracking skill. Better tracking skills makes it easier to track wounded animals and gives more information about the animals which can help you locate that big trophy.
jonsie
Tracker

Post by jonsie »

General Tip:

If you can't find the next track, try looking just outside the tracking cone on either side. Some animals don't like to play by the rules.

Return to “General Chat”