Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
El Turista
Tracker

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by El Turista »

You can use your pointer dog as a superb blood hound. Let's say you're hunting foxes (like this week) and you wound one with a bolt. Put your pointer ASAP to seek for foxes and will seek the living and nearest one. Even if the fox is daed it can keep pointing at him.

It's a bit of a hack, but it works.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

El Turista wrote:And a General TIP:

If you (as every we do) watch youtube videos of thehunter you will see that they keep the "huntermate" up always. I dare you to don't do that! there is an option in control, keymap menu to "holster" your hands. It's more usefull than you think.

First in the usual "seek and hunt" that every of us do "magically" you have a lot more of awarenes and intes of keep going with the black triangle yo choose wisely to go up and hooping to see what's down...

And second, in some reserves the sound is very important and if you're focusing in the "huntermate" you're neglecting a lot of info.

So the tip is:

Put your huntermate up when necesary and keep your "holster" buton close and quick.
well, I just pick the direction I want to go, equip huntermate, look all the way down...then click on freelook button(middle mouse for me) and then look up. That way you don't see huntermate(nothing is blocking your view), but still have it equiped and hear beep sound, if walking next to some collectable, etc. When I want to change direction of walking, I just cancel freelook to make a turn, and then enter freelok mode again.
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

FrozenHorse wrote: well, I just pick the direction I want to go, equip huntermate, look all the way down...then click on freelook button(middle mouse for me) and then look up. That way you don't see huntermate(nothing is blocking your view), but still have it equiped and hear beep sound, if walking next to some collectable, etc. When I want to change direction of walking, I just cancel freelook to make a turn, and then enter freelok mode again.
That's a very good tip. I do the same depending if i'm huntig some animal that produces "ghost calls" (like lynx and foxes). I also do it on presumible long walks and always when i'm on a treestand. In the last situation is very, very usefull.

And by the way I also put the free look button on the middle mouse. It's to usefull to be lost on the keyboard :D

Nice addictions on your coment. Thanks.
ripsix

Post by ripsix »

FrozenHorse wrote:
El Turista wrote:And a General TIP:

If you (as every we do) watch youtube videos of thehunter you will see that they keep the "huntermate" up always. I dare you to don't do that! there is an option in control, keymap menu to "holster" your hands. It's more usefull than you think.

First in the usual "seek and hunt" that every of us do "magically" you have a lot more of awarenes and intes of keep going with the black triangle yo choose wisely to go up and hooping to see what's down...

And second, in some reserves the sound is very important and if you're focusing in the "huntermate" you're neglecting a lot of info.

So the tip is:

Put your huntermate up when necesary and keep your "holster" buton close and quick.
well, I just pick the direction I want to go, equip huntermate, look all the way down...then click on freelook button(middle mouse for me) and then look up. That way you don't see huntermate(nothing is blocking your view), but still have it equiped and hear beep sound, if walking next to some collectable, etc. When I want to change direction of walking, I just cancel freelook to make a turn, and then enter freelok mode again.
This just changed the game for me, it should be the default. Want to see huntermate? Then look down.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

DYEUZ wrote:
Hunting bobcats at towers and location of E-caller .
Needing Bobcats this week , i came upon a cool situation , about where to put the E-caller ( radio ) to attract the Bobcats .
If you want to hunt them from a tower , simply put the E-caller under it ! It is possible to put the E-caller under the tower , between its four legs .
This way,you or a guest,will easily put it ''on'' ,because as you approach the ladder and even a bit before that ,the sign will appear and the bobcats will come from all over to the tower .
No chance of them,getting spooked if they manage to get too close to the caller ,because you'll have plenty of time to have a shot at them and from pretty close range .
This tip is working only for permanent , already in game towers , not our constructible ones .
:)
Bobcat will start running in circles and won't stop running in circles it's quite funny. Turn it off they will stop and freeze easy kill
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Michaelairjordan wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:
Hunting bobcats at towers and location of E-caller .
Needing Bobcats this week , i came upon a cool situation , about where to put the E-caller ( radio ) to attract the Bobcats .
If you want to hunt them from a tower , simply put the E-caller under it ! It is possible to put the E-caller under the tower , between its four legs .
This way,you or a guest,will easily put it ''on'' ,because as you approach the ladder and even a bit before that ,the sign will appear and the bobcats will come from all over to the tower .
No chance of them,getting spooked if they manage to get too close to the caller ,because you'll have plenty of time to have a shot at them and from pretty close range .
This tip is working only for permanent , already in game towers , not our constructible ones .
:)
Bobcat will start running in circles and won't stop running in circles it's quite funny. Turn it off they will stop and freeze easy kill
I never saw bobcats running in circles. Not even once. The only out of the common thing I saw at them , was that freeze stance when they seem to look into the ground and they won't respond to calling etc. I saw once one staying that hours in this posture. Only spooked it resumes its normal behavior.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I am not sure, if I saw it ever with Bobcat, but definitely with Lynx.
Spoiler:
Michaelairjordan

Lynx make me fall out of my chair
Guess doc gave them to much cat nip
Michaelairjordan

officialwafflez wrote:When going after a wounded animal i.e. wounded elk. stay calm and be smart. The animal may not have gone as far as you think. many times it will run off and bed down. That being said to avoid the situation above. Simply wait for an ethical shot. The best place to aim in this game for almost every animal is right behind the front shoulder. Many times when using a rifle or slug, the animal will drop where it stood making for an easy recovery.
When I started playing about 7 yrs ago, I had a wt non typ coming in, there was a boulder in front of me
Needless to say it was a 210 moose bedding
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Michaelairjordan wrote:When I started playing about 7 yrs ago, I had a wt non typ coming in, there was a boulder in front of me
Needless to say it was a 210 moose bedding
I thought that was everything but needless to say, as I hadn't experienced this before. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”