Lung/heart hit..?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Macagod
Hunter

Lung/heart hit..?

Post by Macagod »

Just a quick question, I was on a hunt yesterday on Whitehart and stalking elk with the recurve. Came across a group and got my first one with a lung/heart shot under 20 meters he ran for about 50 meters.
Now the 2nd one same shot under 20 meters and off he runs, four tracks indicate lung/heart (Image left) then I come across the 5th track indicating fleeing, thinking he should be just a few more tracks ahead. But the next track is a body hit?? (Image right) is this a known issue?
Because after following about another 5 fleeing tracks I just quit scratching my head. I usually wouldn't call it a day if I've wounded an animal but this just got the better of me. :(

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Lung/heart hit..?

Post by HooCairs »

I think I have seen this one before, but when the first track says "lungs/heart" it was a lung shot. It wouldn't have been much further out.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

i had this 100 times when im cheated to faster grow weapon skill (shooting mooses in body to dont die fast and make multiple shots while moose running out).
Everytime when i did next shot on same animal - blood tracks showed info of last shot.

It means your secondary shot just hits body.
Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

Alright cheers HooCairs, I covered a radius of about 20/30 meters from the last track and for the life of me couldn't come across another one. Cant win them all I suppose. (Carcass could have been in a bush) It was just one of those hunts where nothing was going my way.

@Blind Mole, That's the thing I didn't have a 2nd shot just the one arrow.? First elk dropped 50 meters same shot frontal under 20 meters.
Its the 6th track that has me baffled indicating "Body hit".
Daniel G Gustafsson
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Daniel G Gustafsson »

I believe this is as designed. When you hit an organ, the animal will bleed an x amount of blood from the organ, afterwards it will bleed from the body part (in this case "body") if it doesn't die.
Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

Thanks for the reply Daniel, as I stated wasn't one of my best hunts. So the animal could have been somewhere close and I would have still probably walked over its carcass. Cheers for clearing it up.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Daniel G Gustafsson wrote:I believe this is as designed. When you hit an organ, the animal will bleed an x amount of blood from the organ, afterwards it will bleed from the body part (in this case "body") if it doesn't die.
Well, than the design intention is -sorry for my bluntness- crap.
There's no way a lung, or actually any other organ stops bleeding while a body part (i.e. muscle, connective tissue and skin) continues to do so.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Daniel G Gustafsson
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Daniel G Gustafsson »

Knut wrote:Well, than the design intention is -sorry for my bluntness- crap.
There's no way a lung, or actually any other organ stops bleeding while a body part (i.e. muscle, connective tissue and skin) continues to do so.
I'm a programmer not a designer! 8-)
I'm not 100% sure that's how it works, Björn knows probably better than me how it works.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Sorry, I didn't intend to be rude or disrespectful. Just wanted to state my opinion plain and clear.

But I'd be happy to hear more about how it works. Always am happy to get insights for your side, guys.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Daimaju
Scout

Post by Daimaju »

Daniel G Gustafsson wrote:I believe this is as designed. When you hit an organ, the animal will bleed an x amount of blood from the organ, afterwards it will bleed from the body part (in this case "body") if it doesn't die.
What!?
How would it magically stop bleeding?
Also, a heart and or lung shot doesn't kill by making the animal bleed to death, but by stopping the heart/lung system from working which results in death quickly/instantly.
If it is like you said, this really needs a work over.

Return to “General Chat”