What's your best shot ever?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: What's your best shot ever?

Post by VonStratos »

My best shot, or at least the one made feel prouder was some years ago in an event, i don't remember the rules but was something like get a heart shot in a white tail without touch any other organ, from like 60 mts with a bow, and i did it with the PP, the deer was small, but i felt soo good after that shot. From recent shots the one i can feel proud is my longest distance shot, 412 mts on a Moose with rifle, not near the top one but still a great shoot for a casual in long distance shooting like me :D
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/VonH ... /618976334

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

freddan9112 wrote:http://www.thehunter.com/freddo/score/?id=145695155

here's my flying turkey with the 223. 114 meters :)
Meh.. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ehr_ ... /500452106

Flying 170.070 meters No scope .223 bolt action

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Back when it was ethical, I used to use the 357 for ducks from a tripod. They would circle around you at eye level. My best/luckiest shot was 125.5 meters.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

My best shot ever was during the CB Six Shooter competition, the goal was to drop pheasant with bow which i simply couldn't do from close range so i decided to let them fly some distance.
I used the Parker Python to take him down after only 3-4 tries.
Distance was 84 meters, and since it was heavy raining at Hirschfelden i actually lost the bird until i saw the tail tumbling to the ground. The sight was so awesome I believe i will remember that game moment as long as i live.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

shooting a duck out of a treestand with the purpose of putting it in a blind with a bow like basket ball. some shots are random ones. like a friend who said you cant use bows for ducks. as you may scare them.i said why will i scare them if i kill it dead. ducks flying away and i shoot it first arrow at 85m out sky. :lol:

also abslayer on here when a goose was flying away and he said ill get a rifle now its too far in the sky and i just snapped out the bow and ripped it down :lol: his response still makes me laugh. also on video :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ronMctube wrote:shooting a duck out of a treestand with the purpose of putting it in a blind with a bow like basket ball. some shots are random ones. like a friend who said you cant use bows for ducks. as you may scare them.i said why will i scare them if i kill it dead. ducks flying away and i shoot it first arrow at 85m out sky. :lol:

also abslayer on here when a goose was flying away and he said ill get a rifle now its too far in the sky and i just snapped out the bow and ripped it down :lol: his response still makes me laugh. also on video :D
How did you ever get a duck in to a tree stand? :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

coaxed it in with a bit of bread :lol:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I can't really think of any really good ones. Most were luck like with pheasants flying by and hitting them with a snap shot with a longbow or something.
I guess I hit a wolf in the lungs at about 85m with the heavy recurve, but again that was mostly luck.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Mountaineer wrote:Back when it was ethical, I used to use the 357 for ducks from a tripod. They would circle around you at eye level. My best/luckiest shot was 125.5 meters.
Did you know .357 is from some time ago again ethical for Goose and Turkey?
Lindhe

Post by Lindhe »

While hunting bison in Whiterime just today. I spent 10 bullets on 3 bison, but I never did managed to track down the last one I wounded. When I finally thought I had tracked it down, being completely out of ethical ammo I had to make the mercy shot with whatever weapon I had available.

It was the wrong, completely unharmed bison.

It dropped on the spot.

From a single .17 HV round.

https://i.imgur.com/nIBwWMk.png
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”