Post your favourite hunting spot(s)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jimmYBean
Spotter

Post your favourite hunting spot(s)

Post by jimmYBean »

Share your favourite hunting spots and tell us why you like them so much.

I start things off by giving you my favourite spot:

I like this area so much because of the open space and the good visibility. I also tend to find more decent elk in this area then anywhere else. In addition there are many bears and BTs arround which i like to hunt too. Also shot a decent WT there a few days ago...still asking myself what he was looking for there. :lol:

I can really advise anyone to give it a try and hunt there a few times, you will not be dissapointed. ;)

The WT buck: http://www.thehunter.com/fawwe180/score/?id=143418405
knott
Outfitter

Re: Post your favourite hunting spot(s)

Post by knott »

Yes that area is golden. I have one abit souteast of yours. A swamp area where I am guaranteed 3 bears and a whole bunch of bt and whitetails within 5 minute walk from the tent. Must be some spawning point or something it´s just nuts sometimes. Now I was so stupid so I removed my tent and barrel from there so will have to do some detective work to get the exact spot again. The spot was such I could put up a groundblind just call on the way there sit and then have the luxury of choice. It was so easy it felt like cheating. I did cheat with bait barrells for black bear but it was like having one for deer lol
FredMasters

Post by FredMasters »

The island to the left of the crater is where I have a bait barrel. Shot a nice bear there last night. Almost anywhere on this map seems to have a ton of animals.
Gazaroo
Hunter

Post by Gazaroo »

jimmYBean
Spotter

Post by jimmYBean »

Yes that area is golden. I have one abit souteast of yours. A swamp area where I am guaranteed 3 bears and a whole bunch of bt and whitetails within 5 minute walk from the tent. Must be some spawning point or something it´s just nuts sometimes. Now I was so stupid so I removed my tent and barrel from there so will have to do some detective work to get the exact spot again. The spot was such I could put up a groundblind just call on the way there sit and then have the luxury of choice. It was so easy it felt like cheating. I did cheat with bait barrells for black bear but it was like having one for deer lol
Yeah i see that too sometimes. Allways get a bad feeling because I feel like cheating :lol:
jimmYBean
Spotter

Post by jimmYBean »

Btw Gazaroo, why do you put up all your large equipment in pretty much the same place?
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

This whole area great for brown bear, moose , roe deer, and fox i'll walk the whole thing and always bag plenty of nice animals.
EDIT: sorry don't know why the pic turned out so big din't think i had it that big
jimmYBean
Spotter

Post by jimmYBean »

@snakeyes32: Love that area too. I like how much space you can overlook from an vantage point.

Currently hunting there for the roe deer recurve comp but i couldn't find a 200+ buck so far. :(

Btw you can find small versions of the map on the wiki. ^^
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Ah thanks for that tip.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

snakeyes32 wrote:This whole area great for brown bear, moose , roe deer, and fox i'll walk the whole thing and always bag plenty of nice animals.
I hunt this area a lot, and it's definitely among my favorites. My 232 moose came from here.

Return to “General Chat”