How did you find TH?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
lawstraljan11
Outfitter

How did you find TH?

Post by lawstraljan11 »

How did you guys find out about The Hunter?

I started playing 3 years ago and stopped playing (WH was the only map) and started again last year with a new account.

How I found out about TH

I was really bored and was looking for some kind of fishing game to get, so I went onto YouTube and started searching from rapala fishing and bumped into cabela hunting and adter seeing quite a lot of videos I wasn't one bit interested in any. After quite a bit of frustration I found a video of TH and was excited about it straight away. Downloaded it and got hooked ASAP. And I don't even like hunting IRL.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.839389,14.491005
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lawstraljan11 on March 11th, 2012, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigMo1980
Spotter

Re: How did you find TH?

Post by BigMo1980 »

This is an interesting question/topic, and I'll tell you why - Because I really don't think this game has been marketed and/or advertised effectively. I found this game completely by accident - and what a shame that I actually spent my hard-earned money on garbage like the Cabela's so-called hunting games - they don't even begin to compare to TH. Like so many others here, after playing TH I wondered why the hell nobody had told me about this game. Needless to say I'm hooked.
lawstraljan11
Outfitter

How did you find TH?

Post by lawstraljan11 »

Thats exactly why I asked the questin, because the game isnt advertised much etc.

More details? Where u found it etc

RangerV1
Outfitter

Post by RangerV1 »

BigMo1980 wrote:This is an interesting question/topic, and I'll tell you why - Because I really don't think this game has been marketed and/or advertised effectively. I found this game completely by accident - and what a shame that I actually spent my hard-earned money on garbage like the Cabela's so-called hunting games - they don't even begin to compare to TH. Like so many others here, after playing TH I wondered why the hell nobody had told me about this game. Needless to say I'm hooked.
+1

absolutely under marketed. How I found out, I was at a friends house where a few of us were gathering to go out on the town. He jumped in the shower, and I jumped on the internet. He had a game paused, I just saw the tab at the bottom and it said 'theHunter' I was intrigued. Initially I thought WTH dude.... "you playing a cave man game"(w/o seeing any pic/graphics)so I clicked on it, the game popped up, and down the rabbit hole I fell.

I asked him later where he found this game, he said, "by accident." I thought nothing of it, and neither did he, but I knew as soon as I got home from that foggy drunken night on the town I was downloading 'theHunter.' Because just from the 2 min I played it, I felt submerged into the wilderness and wildlife, it was nothing I experienced before.

Played the free-version 2-3 weeks. Got the Wayfarer membership in November and just a few days ago purchased the TrailRunner membership.

Now my friend regrets ever leaving his pc on, for me to find this ultra time consuming game which I Love called theHunter.
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Post by Orion »

RangerV1
Outfitter

Post by RangerV1 »

that is how you found out oreo? by a topic. figures.
Tenbulls
Hunter

Post by Tenbulls »

I actually do not remember how I found this game. I think it was from a search for hunting games. But I am damn glad I found it, no matter how I got here.
Largeone
Hunter

Post by Largeone »

found it by accident was looking for the film Deer Hunter on a torrent site and TH was there
lawstraljan11
Outfitter

How did you find TH?

Post by lawstraljan11 »

Seems everyone found the game by accident!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.854699,14.433320
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Searching google for PC fishing and hunting games. Stumbled on to it.

Return to “General Chat”