Tracking through Bolder Pass ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Michiko
Tracker

Tracking through Bolder Pass ?

Post by Michiko »

So this evning i was tracking this male mule. Me beeing unpatient(running) and abit unlucky managed to scare the mule atleast 6 times. But i always managed to get back on track untill the mule ran down Boulder Pass. (i was several minutes behind by then)
So when i finally got there.. there were red dots all over the place pointing me in every single direction . It was basicly impossible to continue the chase. i was wondering if anyone have had the same experience ? and if its working as intended.
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Re: Tracking through Bolder Pass ?

Post by Orion »

Don't run when you find a track, as for keeping on the trail, well in my limited experience it is worth using common sense as well as following the tracks. If it appears to be moving in one direction and the tracks say otherwise it is perhaps best to move in the general direction as they can twist and turn momentarily which can be misleading.
Astriir1

Post by Astriir1 »

You were making the assumption that the buck had not been that way before. The reason you must be patient is that it allows you to get closer, leading you to visually SEE which way the deer went. Never run, instead, walk or better yet crawl. When you get near, definitely crawl. It is best to not become impatient during this game.
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Post by Orion »

I ain't a fan of crawling as you can't see where you are going, I prefer crouching personally. Useful for coming to the top of a hill though.
Michiko
Tracker

Post by Michiko »

Astriir1 wrote:You were making the assumption that the buck had not been that way before. The reason you must be patient is that it allows you to get closer, leading you to visually SEE which way the deer went. Never run, instead, walk or better yet crawl. When you get near, definitely crawl. It is best to not become impatient during this game.
Nah actually i knew that the mule havent been in the pass before. Me failing at moving silently dosnt change the fact that the mule acted like a tennisball between the two walls. I agree though patience is a virtue

Return to “General Chat”