which shotgun do you use?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
xxlds14xx
Tracker

which shotgun do you use?

Post by xxlds14xx »

i have both but for some reason i use the pump.i think its the sight i like about it.
unless im trap shooting two at once then i use the double barrel.

what do you use?
and why?
Trisomy21
Tracker

Re: which shotgun do you use?

Post by Trisomy21 »

Really depends on what I'm hunting. If it's pheasant or turkey then I'll use the SxS, if it's a shotgun comp then I'll use the pump with slugs.
Astriir1

Post by Astriir1 »

For a day of hunting on LP, I equip myself with a SxS plus two boxes of birdshot and a pump 12 GA with 10 rounds of slugs. I dislike scopes, I'm a normal shotgun psychopath. MORE shotguns, EW, MORE shotguns!!!
Harbard
Scout

Post by Harbard »

I'm using the side by side for the pheasants and the pump for everything else -often with buckshots unless its an elk, those little impacts everywhere are just amazing-, I love how they-re textured it, the sights are clearer than the SxS and the sound is lovely to my ear. Plus I can ruin my stats with the SxS rifle, but I don't wanna ruin my shotgun stats, that's why I don't hunt pheasants with it :lol:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i think, i would be using the pump shotgun more than the SxS.......the reason, 6 shots of rapid fire compared to 2 shots and then reload...when trying to hit a small, moving target, i need all the shots i can get..... :lol: :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

I have used the SxS for the pheasants. I tried the pump on the clays and the rifle sights felt wrong to me. The SxS swings so very well and the sight picture with the bead at the end just feels like real bird hunting. The second follow up shot is so very quick as well.
slugmeister
Outfitter

Post by slugmeister »

I use the pump because i'm used to it. The pump and I have a long history well before TheHunter.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

ColoradoKid wrote:I have used the SxS for the pheasants. I tried the pump on the clays and the rifle sights felt wrong to me. The SxS swings so very well and the sight picture with the bead at the end just feels like real bird hunting. The second follow up shot is so very quick as well.
I agree. The pump's 2nd shot is also too slow and it just doesn't seem as fluid as the sxs.
Spoiler:
BuckBeast
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuckBeast »

i only use the pump because i have not much left over em's to buy the sxs. i have been using the slugs alot lately...

Return to “General Chat”