Pheasant, SxS, Rangefinder & Clay Shooting Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ace78
Scout

Re: Pheasant, SxS, Rangefinder & Clay Shooting Feedback

Post by Ace78 »

Lion Martinez wrote:Hey all, thank you for your feedback. We read it and take special heed to concerns and negative feedback, we won't rest on our laurels. However we need to really dig down in to what's perception and what's real. Please be sure not to argue with others about your standpoints, if you post it once we will have read it and taken notice.

A note about the effectiveness of the Birdshot; it's effective up to 40m/131ft. Please remember that when out hunting the birds and that they might be further away than you think. If this is still too short in your opinion, please give your feedback but do so constructively.
Hey Lion... Firstly I'd just like to say that although there are bits that need fixing, you guys really do deserve high praise for the work you do and have done on this and many other additions to the game.
It's also good to here that what we say is being noted.

Obviously the Birds are a new area of game play and one thats quite tricky to get right straight off. The difficulty you have is making the flight realistic an not look to animated, unsynchronised or sluggish. But yet have the bird stay in range long enough for the hunter to react, again will an element of realism.
So Just a thought but obviously the potency, pattern and pellet count of the bird shot already needs looking at and as you've mentioned, will be.
But perhaps for game play sake maybe slightly exaggerate the effective range of the shot. This could help eliminate some of the raised issues, enhance game play with out cabelarising it and still produce realistic results... probably far more realistic results.
And before folks kick off I'm not on about taking it out to 100 m I'm suggesting maybe 55 or so depending on what other elements you change regarding bird flight and shot dynamics.

Basically it would mean that the birds can still move at a good pace and look realistic an still offer a good chance of shot or 2.
This would be especially useful for future developments if you intend to include faster paced birds like dove, quail, partridge or teal, which as it stands at the moment we wouldn't stand a chance of hitting with any consistency lol

Keep up the good work ;) and thanks for adding Birdies :D
FleshNBlood
Scout

Post by FleshNBlood »

Ace78 wrote:Hey Lion... Firstly I'd just like to say that although there are bits that need fixing, you guys really do deserve high praise for the work you do and have done on this and many other additions to the game.
It's also good to here that what we say is being noted.
+1

With the way pheasants flush and hight they fly I think there needs to be an adjustment to the skeet shooting so that it shoots higher rather than so long and flat, isn’t the idea of it partially to practice for pheasant shooting. It would be ok the way it is if the place you stand was at ground level I think, but it isn’t.
sjc628 wrote:Would it be possible to incorporate the range finder into the binoculars instead of having the separate range finder?
It would make things like WM to easy IMO and other than that I only use it for the weapons you can’t put a scope on anyway. The shotgun’s, the bow and the Heart Seeker comp where you can’t use a scope anyway

And a quick question while I’m here. Can i use the SxS for the KotW comp, and if not, why not :?: It is a shotgun after all :!:
Samiwas

Post by Samiwas »

The addition of the Pheasant with the ground or air kill has been great fun so far :D My longest confirmed kill has been 238 ft ... I still cant
believe it dropped lol. At first I wasnt using the flush key "T" and they tended to pop up and come at me then spin as they rose in the air.
Now I use the flush when @ 10 yards to the pack and they give a better "straight away" formation.

Fun Stuff

Thanks EW

Sam

Quarter
Tracker

Post by Quarter »

Yes, yes. Great patch indeed!

Although there is few things i'd like to mention.

- Pheasants

In this thing, i agree with others. They fly maybe to fast and they maintain their flight level, which is a little too high, too early. They are taking off like Harrier :D
And they should not flee from 200+ meters when you whistle.

- Birdshot

In this thing, i do not agree with most of guys. I can't see why you should make it more powerful. Not to mention the range. I think its maximum range is just fine. You can't shoot a bird to 50m with shotgun in real life. 25-35 meters is the best range and you have done it well. Most of birds i hit to 30+ meters die instantly.

Nothing else to say right now.

Thanks.
Chester1993T

Post by Chester1993T »

Wetland wrote:We also really appreciate your giving us the animals SCORE on the HM when we bag the animal!!! THANK YOU!!!
I agree with this. It's awesome getting to know how much that prize buck Muley is right away instead of having to check the website after every kill. Thank you.

I haven't tried hunting Pheasants yet, looks interesting.

Chester.
Quarter
Tracker

Post by Quarter »

Sometimes, i am not getting the score to see when i confirm a kill. Is there some rule that the animal must be "spotted" (see the weight in right corner of the screen) to get the scores when confirming a kill?
Alechio
Team Hunter

Post by Alechio »

Sometimes it shows the score directly and other times it takes a while (e.g. 10 seconds). I think they always show up eventually.
Brezzer
Chat Logger

Post by Brezzer »

I would like to see "the Hand" unlocking the gun when rising the SxS
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Quarter wrote:Sometimes, i am not getting the score to see when i confirm a kill. Is there some rule that the animal must be "spotted" (see the weight in right corner of the screen) to get the scores when confirming a kill?
I have had every one give the score. Most take 1-2 seconds...some are faster and some do take up to 5-10 seconds to appear.

This is a fantastic addition...thanks. But it would be great if all would appear within a few seconds.
Trisomy21
Tracker

Post by Trisomy21 »

I just had 2 in a row not show scores and I spotted them, went out for a smoke too and took about 5 minutes, still no score showing.

Return to “General Chat”