Pheasant, SxS, Rangefinder & Clay Shooting Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ace78
Scout

Re: Pheasant, SxS, Rangefinder & Clay Shooting Feedback

Post by Ace78 »

O and as mentioned, an indication of a hit too would be good, like when you hit a clay... a poof of feathers would be good and then the hit bird depending on how hard hit, either tumbles straight down or glides down to be tracked. O and hit birds should either not be able to get into the air again or only hop up to low altitude and only very short distance.
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Out to maybe 45 meters or so I am finding the birdshot deadly virtually every time so I am a little confused by some of the posts on the birdshot. Even after I have taken several long 50 yard shots just for fun...I still have a Kills per hit ratio of 85%. And a few birds I have hit twice and they have fallen so that leaves only maybe 3 out of 50 that have been hit and flown off.

On many of the birds I hit I check as they are disappearing After confirming them and I see multiple, 5-7 hit decals/wounds.

I really think that after a couple weeks of shooting, that these concerns might just disappear.

I really believe it is that the "wounded" birds might not be centered in the pattern and only being hit with the very very outer edge of the pattern or only with one pellet.
Last edited by ColoradoKid on October 14th, 2010, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace78
Scout

Post by Ace78 »

ColoradoKid wrote:I am really not understanding all these posts on the birdshot. Even after I have taken several long 50 yard shots just for fun...I still have a Kills per hit ratio of 85%. And a few birds I have hit twice and they have fallen so that leaves only maybe 3 out of 50 that have been hit and flown off.

On many of the birds I hit I check as they are disappearing After confirming them and I see multiple, 5-7 hit decals/wounds.

I really think that after a couple weeks of shooting, that these concerns might just disappear.

I really believe it is that the "wounded" birds are not centered in the pattern at all and only being hit with the very very outer edge of the pattern or only with one pellet.

Out to maybe 45 meters or so I am finding the birdshot deadly virtually every time.

Are we using the same Cartridges??? :D The ones in the green box yeah??? :lol:
Astriir1

Post by Astriir1 »

Everything is almost perfect, I don't even mind Pheasants running, but there is one major issue for me. In real life, you shoot pheasants flying by leading the shot. This does not work in TheHunter. Also, on a target it seems birdshot has only 30 pellets, 100-200 would be much better.
Trisomy21
Tracker

Post by Trisomy21 »

I'd say using bird shot in its current state should be considered unethical :lol:
I'm glad I don't get that "bagging the animal" mail from doc every time though.
SeeDoe
Scout

Post by SeeDoe »

ColoradoKid wrote:Out to maybe 45 meters or so I am finding the birdshot deadly virtually every time so I am a little confused by some of the posts on the birdshot. Even after I have taken several long 50 yard shots just for fun...I still have a Kills per hit ratio of 85%. And a few birds I have hit twice and they have fallen so that leaves only maybe 3 out of 50 that have been hit and flown off.

Not all of us have Uber Aim Skillz ^^
trfs

Post by trfs »

I agree that the birdshot needs more damage and greater spread also I wish the pheasant would wait longer to spook. However it's awesome as is!
BuckBeast
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuckBeast »

Trisomy21 wrote:
BuckBeast wrote: 4) make the flush bottom to maybe "f" for "flush" instead of "t". what is that for? just doesnt make sence if you know what i mean.
You can change it to whatever you want in the keyboard/mouse control settings in game :D
ok, great! thanks.
slugmeister wrote:I absolutely love the new slugs. I pulled up the new pump on a doe (The new sound is great, but I think is sounds more large revlover-ish; very real though) put it on the body at about 60 yards and it just dropped. The black hull is working for shure. The birdshot is very good, I just think its not great for turkey (too wide a pattern, headshots are the only lethal shots on a turkey) maybe add chokes next time? The buckshot is ok but the holes are too small, especally dropping back to 9 pellets indicating 00 buck; the holes should be .330 caliber, which is bigger than all the rifles. The pheasant kind of confused me the first time I saw one. It just appeared a foot off the ground and flew away. I bought the sxs and love it. The old sound is desent, but I really like the new one. The reload is nice, but I think a bit fast. the overall feel of the gun was good. The trap shoot was fun, and I even got a few with the slug. Overall a great update!
sluggie can finnally use slugs!!
Ace78
Scout

Post by Ace78 »

ColoradoKid wrote: On many of the birds I hit I check as they are disappearing After confirming them and I see multiple, 5-7 hit decals/wounds.

I've just finished a hunt, bagged 7 birds with the shotty, Oo an one that I accidentally ;) blow away sniper style with the rifle from miles away :o
And I made special effort to try and see decals on them, even kept pressing "I" switching back an forth to inventory to make them flip an roll around and I only spotted decals on one! It was a **** bird that I dropped flushing at me not far off the end of the barrel and he had two decals on his backside, quite an achievement as he was coming straight at me :D unless they where exit wounds

Pheasant (M)26 2/8 A
Weight: 1.918 kgs (4.228 lbs)
Tracked: --
Spotted: 5.0 m (16.4 ft)
Kill Distance: 5.5 m (18.1 ft)
Time of Harvest: Oct 14 2010 17:01
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Ace78 wrote:.....that I dropped flushing at me not far off the end of the barrel and he had two decals on his backside, quite an achievement as he was coming straight at me :D unless they where exit wounds....
Exit wounds...somehow that made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

And yes, I use the green shells....I just load them upside down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Chat”