Can I own more than 3 boxes of ammo?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ulric
Spotter

Re: Can I own more than 3 boxes of ammo?

Post by Ulric »

Ditto, I'd really like to be able to carry more than 30 arrows, or at least be able to retrieve more from the lodge if/when I decide to continue a hunt.
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

Ulric wrote:Ditto, I'd really like to be able to carry more than 30 arrows, or at least be able to retrieve more from the lodge if/when I decide to continue a hunt.
But you can always get more arrows/ammo on returning to the lodge, be it if your retire or walk back there as long as you have used up the existing ones a new batch will always replace them.
I'm not sure I'm following this one? :?
Ulric
Spotter

Post by Ulric »

INSTG8R wrote:
Ulric wrote:Ditto, I'd really like to be able to carry more than 30 arrows, or at least be able to retrieve more from the lodge if/when I decide to continue a hunt.
But you can always get more arrows/ammo on returning to the lodge, be it if your retire or walk back there as long as you have used up the existing ones a new batch will always replace them.
I'm not sure I'm following this one? :?
No, if I load up with 30 arrows... and I time out of the first hunt (or subsequent hunts) and choose retire... or walk back, there are no more arrows. In order
for it to restock/refresh the arrow supply I have to end the hunt and restart it.
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

Ah yes your right there. now I gotcha ;)
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Take it off Fully Auto! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sileo
Spotter

Post by Sileo »

INSTG8R wrote:Yep I'm with Pappy and ReinerK on this one...
I don't like it when you continue to doubt my words like three times already. When I say that I want to be able to carry more than 30 bullets for one particular weapon, do you think I would be asking that if I would be missing all the time or not killing many animals? What would be my purpose? A desperate attempt to brag about my skills camouflaged by asking for more than 30 bullets? Trust me, I already passed that kind of childish behavior a VERY long time ago....sigh
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

Sileo wrote:
I don't like it when you continue to doubt my words like three times already. When I say that I want to be able to carry more than 30 bullets for one particular weapon, do you think I would be asking that if I would be missing all the time or not killing many animals? What would be my purpose? A desperate attempt to brag about my skills camouflaged by asking for more than 30 bullets? Trust me, I already passed that kind of childish behavior a VERY long time ago....sigh
Easy there champ no one is questioning your skills :roll:
ReinierK
Outfitter

Post by ReinierK »

Sileo wrote:
Gees... We're just asking what you're shooting at, because we feel the problem might not be the "low" amount of rounds you can carry, but more whether you shoot the "right" animals.
I mean, you're free to shoot whatever you want, but if you shoot everything in sight, then it might be a wise thing to recheck your tactics. Unless, of course, you goal is to simple shoot everything ;-)

Maybe you could then just pack a couple of guns all with 30 rounds. Should get you a long way (I usually use between 0 and 10 rounds in a game, unless I use the shotty, in which case I might use a bit more).
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Sileo wrote:Can I own more than 3 boxes of one particular ammo? I often run out of my thirty .300 bullets.
After firing thirty [!] bullets, couldn't you switch to the .44? Or the .270? Or that gorgeous 30-06? ;)

How frequently are you bagging 30 animals? Is this a recurrent problem for you?

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

I allways carry the 300, 44 mag and the bow thats 90 shots total not too often i run out maybe try that as you can kill anything legal with the bow and most with the 44 and still a couple more with the 300 :)
Use bow on pigs for close same with turkey,44 mag on anything and 300 for those just out of reach of the 44 mag just not turkeys.
Last edited by DragonFire on June 11th, 2010, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”