Tough Lesson Learned

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
custos

Tough Lesson Learned

Post by custos »

So I have been playing quite a bit the past 3 days since getting my invite. Have not had a single problem. Alt tab out a lot doing other things without one crash/disconnect. Kill a huge buck. On screen appeared to have at least 20 inch spread or better and around 10 points. So I get to him and alt tab out to open fraps so I can take a pic of him laying on the ground before claiming him. Bam first game crash/BSOD. Needless to say I have learned a lesson and will just claim it asap and try to get a pic of the claim screen. I hope they add something later on where you might could return to your previous hunt or something for up to 5 min or so after leaving as long as you do not start another instance. So if you crash on something like this you can still recover your kill/location.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: Tough Lesson Learned

Post by MonacoSteve »

What you can do is to hit Printscreen when standing in front of your downed trophy, then claim it, and then Alt-tab to the desktop. The temporary PC memory should keep the screenshot (even if the game crashes inbetween).
Artemis
Hunter

Post by Artemis »

custos wrote:So I have been playing quite a bit the past 3 days since getting my invite. Have not had a single problem. Alt tab out a lot doing other things without one crash/disconnect. Kill a huge buck. On screen appeared to have at least 20 inch spread or better and around 10 points. So I get to him and alt tab out to open fraps so I can take a pic of him laying on the ground before claiming him. Bam first game crash/BSOD. Needless to say I have learned a lesson and will just claim it asap and try to get a pic of the claim screen. I hope they add something later on where you might could return to your previous hunt or something for up to 5 min or so after leaving as long as you do not start another instance. So if you crash on something like this you can still recover your kill/location.
You really should have fraps open before you begin the game. This way you dont have to exit out. You give the camera/video a cammand key, like F10, and press that button to take a picture while you are in the game without exiting. It saves all your vidoes/pics over and over no matter how many without exiting.
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Good advice from the guys here.

Opening up programs like Fraps mid game will cause issues because of the way Fraps works. :D

If you do need to a quick screen capture then Print Screen and a handy paint/art program are definitely your friends.

Keep the faith though as proper in game cameras are coming. :D
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

MonacoSteve wrote:What you can do is to hit Printscreen when standing in front of your downed trophy, then claim it, and then Alt-tab to the desktop. The temporary PC memory should keep the screenshot (even if the game crashes inbetween).
Then open Microsoft Paint and paste it, save it to your Desktop and voila!
custos

Post by custos »

Yeah I usually have fraps open in games when expecting to use it. But was not expecting to kill that nice of a buck.

Return to “General Chat”