Gasoline too expensive

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Kraytex1

Re: Gasoline too expensive

Post by Kraytex1 »

L3M182 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:This is even worse than you think. If you do buy fuel it only lasts the duration of the hunt. So even if you only drive 200m after filling it up with gas, when you start the next game ... its bloody empty again.
There needs to be a minimum distance for each fill of gas that carries over to the next session if you dont use it all.
There should also be the ability to carry spare gas with you rather than having to return to a lodge to refuel.

what? so you the tank drains on hunt end and you loose it all?. surely if thats true that need addressing. you sure a partially used can isn't in your inventory?. ive not bought a jeep yet so cant test for myself

I can confirm that if you buy fuel, use some, and leave the game.. then come back and place your jeep down again... it WILL retain fuel. You won't lose it. I just read this forum post after I purchased 100 fuel, and panicked as I only used 6 in the previous hunt. Loaded up the game and placed my jeep down, ready to rage... and I still had 94 fuel in the tank.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Kraytex1 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:This is even worse than you think. If you do buy fuel it only lasts the duration of the hunt. So even if you only drive 200m after filling it up with gas, when you start the next game ... its bloody empty again.
There needs to be a minimum distance for each fill of gas that carries over to the next session if you dont use it all.
There should also be the ability to carry spare gas with you rather than having to return to a lodge to refuel.

what? so you the tank drains on hunt end and you loose it all?. surely if thats true that need addressing. you sure a partially used can isn't in your inventory?. ive not bought a jeep yet so cant test for myself

I can confirm that if you buy fuel, use some, and leave the game.. then come back and place your jeep down again... it WILL retain fuel. You won't lose it. I just read this forum post after I purchased 100 fuel, and panicked as I only used 6 in the previous hunt. Loaded up the game and placed my jeep down, ready to rage... and I still had 94 fuel in the tank.

nice one. thanks
toxicdog
Spotter

Post by toxicdog »

You need to place the jeep near a tent/outpost and it will fill up. If you run out into the field without doing this first you will have zero gas even if was full before. This is a bug.
TheHuntsman85

Post by TheHuntsman85 »

Okay now I am in shock. Okay not really, I expected nothing else from EW.

I just returned to the game after a few years of absence. I read about all the new things implemented and seeing about the vehicle, I certainly got me a Jeep immediately. Only to then sit at the reserve and have my new Jeep say "out of fuel". I did not grasp what to do until coming here, only to see I had been falling for the exact same false description as complained about above. In JULY 2019! So it is STILL in there, despite that the false information had been brought to light months ago.

If THAT isn't intentional and plain fraud... Now, many of us have had our fair thoughts over years, about certain tactics EW used in the past. But this... no man, no. Not cool. I'm requesting a refund at once and I'll see if I'll pursue that further down the road than just a refund. We finally need to step up against such shady tactics of game developers to ensure they won't get away with such crap, guys.

I know I'm going to get a truckload of poopoo thrown at me from the usual lvl100.000 fanbois now, but I'll stick with my opinion. It is shady a.f. and I feel super ripped off. It is literally false advertising, which is illegal in the EU where both the devs and I are from and legally accountable. I would have said nothing, like the OPs, in May when major changes had just been made. It can slip, happens, I guess. But now it's mid'ish of July and I'd expect for a false advertising mistake to be corrected instantly, maybe a day or two later. Especially after it had been brought to attention through this forum as well as the refund request of the OP.

Not cool, EW.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

You dont have to worry. All fan boys is erased and replaced by a herd ***** off by ew. So you are safe :)

Send them a ticket they may be nice and give you a refund. I bought a pistol holster before I realized I could unlock it and they offered a refund. There is no more development going on so its your only hope.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

the preemptive defence from "fanbois" didnt need to happen really dude. as youve already read the description hasn't been changed from the pre FTP switch and as with anything else that was broken with the switch it will likely go unanswered or un fixed
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

TheHuntsman85 wrote:Okay now I am in shock. Okay not really, I expected nothing else from EW.

I just returned to the game after a few years of absence. I read about all the new things implemented and seeing about the vehicle, I certainly got me a Jeep immediately. Only to then sit at the reserve and have my new Jeep say "out of fuel". I did not grasp what to do until coming here, only to see I had been falling for the exact same false description as complained about above. In JULY 2019! So it is STILL in there, despite that the false information had been brought to light months ago.

If THAT isn't intentional and plain fraud... Now, many of us have had our fair thoughts over years, about certain tactics EW used in the past. But this... no man, no. Not cool. I'm requesting a refund at once and I'll see if I'll pursue that further down the road than just a refund. We finally need to step up against such shady tactics of game developers to ensure they won't get away with such crap, guys.

I know I'm going to get a truckload of poopoo thrown at me from the usual lvl100.000 fanbois now, but I'll stick with my opinion. It is shady a.f. and I feel super ripped off. It is literally false advertising, which is illegal in the EU where both the devs and I are from and legally accountable. I would have said nothing, like the OPs, in May when major changes had just been made. It can slip, happens, I guess. But now it's mid'ish of July and I'd expect for a false advertising mistake to be corrected instantly, maybe a day or two later. Especially after it had been brought to attention through this forum as well as the refund request of the OP.

Not cool, EW.
If you read about the new things implemented you should have surely seen all the complaints about the changes. You should have also seen that there is no longer a membership to pay for, and everything can be bought with gm$.
The game is free so you should expect it to be treated as such.

I am not a fanboy, and it just goes to show that EW truly does not give a crap about anything to do with classic or it's customers. Just as they always had deadlines for updates whether they were ready to be released or not, they must have had a deadline that classic's team would be gone, and that time came and went about a week after the change.

As far as what is legal there, is it legal to sell one thing (membership time) and then later covert it to something else? Would that be false advertising? Probably not since it is all virtual. And actually you bought the jeep with either em$ or gm$ so you are in the realm of virtual and probably not subject to real laws.

I would not hold your breath getting a refund, but tell us if you do get some reply from a human at support.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
AhunterfromMaryland
Spotter

Post by AhunterfromMaryland »

abslayer wrote:You all still think FREE game is great???? :lol:
Somewhat yeah. Trying to bring new blood in to the game was nigh impossible the moment they saw the subscription and the price of new guns and gear. Gas should be equivalent to ammo but then you do have the ability to earn heaps of gms by doing missions. Missions that can also be reset to always have income available to be made. I don't have a vehicle, would have preferred horses, but how much driving can you do if you dedicate one mission pack to fuel stockpile?
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

I was PO'd about this. I paid 17,000 gm$ for a car. Drove it 50 units worth and haven't drove it an inch since. I should say that "Gasoline must be purchased after 50 units", or something like that. I wanted my money back for the car. 17,000 was a rip-off.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

AhunterfromMaryland wrote:
abslayer wrote:You all still think FREE game is great???? :lol:
Somewhat yeah. Trying to bring new blood in to the game was nigh impossible the moment they saw the subscription and the price of new guns and gear. Gas should be equivalent to ammo but then you do have the ability to earn heaps of gms by doing missions. Missions that can also be reset to always have income available to be made. I don't have a vehicle, would have preferred horses, but how much driving can you do if you dedicate one mission pack to fuel stockpile?
I see where you have a point but you can almost make more money buy using the 243 and shooting deer for 50 gm$ a piece. I think 6.8 gm$ for a gallon of gas it pretty bad. And the bad part is that it does not reset after each game.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]

Return to “General Chat”