Frustration!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Frustration!

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Hi all,

I just want to write something to get it off my chest. My frustrations with EW seems to be every growing and it really affects my love for the games and my support for the company. For I think EW is making some really bad choices. (or lack there of) Mind you, I am not posting out of anger or spite but I am a fan and I see things that could've been handled a lot better. But since I feel I am financially invested in this and see my support of the EW games as a big hobby on its own I do feel like i have to say something in the hope I might strike a nerve with someone to improve or prevent any other people having the same feeling as I do. I have played this have for days on end, spending over 105k EMS and a few years of sub. Besides that playing COTW in early stages and an avid fan of Gen zero. I understand that all development stops at some point and nothing is forever.

But my main frustrations are the following. Recently the changes to the Classic game were announced. With a few details about subscriptions changing to a max of 3 months. note: this is shortly after the launch of the jeeps where you could only get the cool one if you subbed for 6 months. After weeks on end there has been no news at all about this which makes me think nobody at EW actually has a clue whats going on. This only has been magnified for me after Graham mentioned a more predictive continuation of the weekly sales. (wed to sun) But this still has been on and off. Which clearly states a quality issue. A company needs to assure they paying customers of a baseline quality right? Where is it? Weekly sales not ongoing, april fools event being totally forgotten for the first time in years, future plans not being communicated. And its fine to have all hands on deck for a new project, but not at the cost at leaving us hanging right? All we got recently were reskins. RESKINS of reskins! now I said it before that thats is just a massive slap in the face but I do mean it. Its a clear (perhaps unintended) message about "not listening, give us more money" and from that point on I stopped playing classic altogether. As for COTW I lost interest after the "ethics excuse" of the Lion hunting not being a bad thing which meant EW is backtracking their ethical standpoint just to make more money to a wider public. I have mixed feelings about this personally but I do encourage making more money as EW of course.

"Say what you do and do what you say" is key if you want to have other peoples money I think. Which is sadly not only not the case with Classic, but in my humble opinion also on many occasions with COTW. Geese that are announced with loudness and stay broken for ages, even after patches assuring us its fixed it still took another patch (its okay, but its not quality) but it happends a lot more (ducks anyone?) But please don't mistake my critique as a lack of understanding development. I understand development takes time and comes in stages of improvements. It is however numerous when a feature is launched that the basic errors are not checked before presenting it to the public. And I don't understand why! The classic community has offered many times to function as a test group for new features. To prevent any backlashes, waves of bad review or general dislike. (when you fail you lose a customer)

This is especially true at whats going on with Gen Zero on steam this very moment. The first patch rendered many, including myself, unable to play the game. Its a new project which really needs the wind in its sails to get it started (or at least past the initial bad reviews) but instead of active support post-patch there is a deafening silence that is now lasting past easter weekend. People are asking for a fix, bad reviews are stacking and there is a lot of voices about refunding. I dont understand if you are invested in that project to work (aka make money, get rich) why there isnt even an active dev on the forums assuring everyone. Its quiet!

All in all I have a bad feeling about the future of classic, a lack on interest in COTW (although kudos on true racks!) and I really dont understand the lack of support for Gen Zero.

I can go on for ages but I'll safe the rest of my P&V,

I love this community! It has been the best I ever was part off. This is true to all of you as well as Graham, Matt, Ahmed, Gary and all the rest. They really sold the game(s) to me and my friends!

See you all maybe in a little while,

Rhapsodaisical
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Frustration!

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I hear ya.
At the beginning of the year we had "an exciting roadmap" for 2019. Then we went to a new business model for when the game closes. Now we are to the point where we get 2 paragraph status updates and no news on anything anymore.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

At this stage of the game, no news is good news. It means the servers stay open for business so play while you can. Once membership is buyable with em$, and em$ credits are distributed to those with years of membership time, it will be time to find something else.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

"All in all it's just another brick in the wall"
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

muledeer wrote:"All in all it's just another brick in the wall"
That's my kind of quote !! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I think what Riddick says about the universe in Chronicles of Riddick is fitting here as well.

"Had to end sometime."

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Return to “General Chat”