About our friend Doc ...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: About our friend Doc ...

Post by BearJohnson »

If it ain't broke...
DON"T FIX IT!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Can't believe how all of you haven't understood anything i wrote .
Just wanted to hear if anyone ever thought of something concerning the useless message from Doc and here you are debating if my idea is right or wrong !!

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Thought y'all might find this funny ;) These are some replies to Doc at a time when I was aggravated at the game 8-)

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

RedWolf wrote:
VonStratos wrote:i think the penalization should be in the hunter score, 10 points by missing animal
A bad idea for many reasons, but I wouldn't mind, I could be #2 on the leaderboard after Ravenous_Fox. :)

Just to clarify any confusions, i wasn't talking about missed shot at animals, but fail to harvest a dead animal. that's what i mean by missing an animal ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Im all for a small GM fine if you fail to harvest an animal. Like most of you I am lazy at times & just dont feel like tracking a worthless animal. Putting a little skin in the game couldnt hurt & having drawing or comps to have a chance at the kiddie would be pretty interesting.

EW never wanting to do it aside it would never fly by the player base. To many times I have seen in this game & others players thinking they "worked" for something. How you can work for something while playing a game escapes me but it is what it is I guess.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DYEUZ wrote:Can't believe how all of you haven't understood anything i wrote .
Just wanted to hear if anyone ever thought of something concerning the useless message from Doc and here you are debating if my idea is right or wrong !!
Now that you wrote it in a sobriety state I can't think of anything.
Last edited by gas56 on October 24th, 2018, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Certain speeches can not be heard therefore you had to take any punitive measure in em$ or in gm$ i would not give more than one cent from my pockets and once finished stocks of em$ i would definitely abandon the game...simple the I'm not interested...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

How about he's sitting in our lodge, getting drunk (as usual) and sharing embarrassing hunting stories with visitors? Like "I can still remember when that idiot shot the 270 albino ibex and couldn't reach it high on the mountains. Would've gotten him a competition trophy and a place in the super rare gallery, but instead I had to send him a nasty letter!"
Image Image Image
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

I must say that when I thought there was penalty in the start, the game felt just more challenging&realistic (&for me personally like more fun) :

1) This situation (without penalty): I'm sitting in the tower and waiting for this big buck to show up...but since there are these females, I can just practice and have my score/bow skill/harvest count up in the game. If I miss vitals, it's not a big deal, they can run away, if they want to...It's one Doc's message or boosting my stats up. Nothing to do with real hunting situation.

2) Vs. this situation(with penalty): I really have to think about what I'm shooting at and concentrate 100% for every shot I take. If I try harvest animal only to boost up my skills&score...it could have real negative consequences. Like IRL. Then I will think twice if I want to risk it.

I think lowering HS in these situations would be natural, it's a bad idea to take money from people. Or some counter of collected vs. not collected animals in the hunter profile - so we know who is only playing game and who is hunting:).

Regarding the issues:
a) unreachable animals: think twice when and how you shoot it. Some bugs will always be there, but nothing in universe is perfect. I bet you can collect much more animals that you cannot collect...
b) connectivy issues: theHunter is online game (unfortunately, sometimes) . If you don't have good connection while playing any other online game...well, you just can't play it right. But this could not be main concern when developing online games, because they will just stop implement also other (good) online features and will not use the online game to it's full potential.
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Guys, don't forget: Doc might not punish you for missing a shot or not finding a wounded animal, but BCKidd will! :twisted:
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”