What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by ronMctube »

mine is a simple one.

when ever i collect a animal after trophy shot im prompted to put it in my lodge. i would rather have no option on screen.like it used to be.

it may sound a small thing really irritates me though.as its often where i cut on a video :D
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

ronMctube wrote:mine is a simple one.

when ever i collect a animal after trophy shot im prompted to put it in my lodge. i would rather have no option on screen.like it used to be.

it may sound a small thing really irritates me though.as its often where i cut on a video :D
I have this option set to off in gameplay settings, i dont get that message anymore.

Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Since the new render range I find it much harder to find spots for placing tents. I have for example removed a tent that I had placed long time ago and was not able to put it back in the exact same spot. I tried different scene complexities and couldn't see a difference, it remains hard in all settings. Can you please add a bit more flexibility to this feature again?

If you want to reproduce this go to TGT and check how hard it is unless it is a wide open area.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Cogsy666 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:mine is a simple one.

I have this option set to off in gameplay settings, i dont get that message anymore.

it will turn off the message for just collecting animals but for animals you take with a trophy shot that doesnt work.which is odd.have mentioned it quite a few times.as if you want it off you should just be able to turn it off. you can taxidermize a animal from the webpage.so its not like it needs to stay on for that reason.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Swampfox wrote: 2 - In Hemmeldal and WRR, on many ridges of snow & ice, the Footstep Sounds really need some attention. Much too loud when walking across some snow & ice
areas, even when crawling over ice & snow it often sounds like stomping on a hard wood floor! Can be very annoying.
Corridon wrote:I've always thought that in this game I was wearing clown shoes. If a hunter made that much noise we would be extinct...
Hahahah. As a hunting friend used to say to me, "It sounds like we're about to start a brush fire between our legs!"

I agree with all of these statements, no matter what reserve, even the snowy places! The movement sounds in general are completely too loud, un-realistic, ruin the immersion, and hide the sounds/calls of animals.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

HooCairs wrote:Since the new render range I find it much harder to find spots for placing tents.
Are you thinking about spots that are flat / horizontal, and at the same time on a peak / base? If so yes, TgT has much high grass and these points can be tricky to find at high settings :) What I use to do is setting up a Ttripod before placing a Tower, this to scan the area or field :) But I must say I have several times taken down a Tower just to move it some meters :) You may test with a Tripod too, to check if it can work for your Tenst? Another way is maybe to change your display card settings, and deny any sort of complexity. I have not tried this, but it may work for your purpose ;)

I wish when I hold the Tent or a Blind ready to put down, a Green Light show when the equipment is 100% Horizontal before I put it down. :)
PB

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Greetings Guys/Gals!

I have been tracking down running animals for a while now...
Learning the game mechanics as I go...

after reading this thread - I would say that "Hit Box" probs are most buggy thing.

the "Lung/Heart' ends up being "body" upon harvest.
and... Tracking down an animal that was hit in the shoulder blade or hip - THAT hit should drop the animal in place like a spine hit - still alive but NOT going anywhere.

IMHO...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

What is bugging me the more atm is how fast we forgot this:

"Please reply in a clean format:

1, Bug title- Quick Description

2, Bug title- Quick Description

3, Bug title- Quick Description"

But since we already fall into the anarchy, something that is bugging me a lot is that the gallery is to simplistic, we all take trophy shots and other pics, but i have rares and trophy shots from looong ago and to see them i have search them page after page after page, please give us a way to sort our images, like tags by example, we would be able to tag a picture like rare, trophy, friends and multiplayer, etc and then look the pictures more efficiently when we want to share them.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

1. Hit boxes - Mostly enviromental, like invisible rocks or 2 meter wide hitbox on a 30cm wide tree.
2. Being unable to connect to numerous other peoples servers.
3. Bugged animals - When animal is shot and it runs outside of the render distance and lays down to die, when player reaches the animal and attempts the finishing shot, instead of the animal collapsing dead when aproaching the animal is either invisible to certain players or the animal is visible but has gained godmode. This is sometimes resolved by running outside the render range and coming back to the animal, which will either have gone invisible or died. Even if the animal has died it's 50/50 if you can harvest it.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Website issues, some of them since day 1 of the current design (June 2013)

1. Competitions: Previous competitions has page flipping buttons at the bottom, but advancing a page only advances by one or two entries and not an entire page.

2. Friends: Only 24 pages are displayed. Also when clicking on Friends (the person icon on top) the wrong number is shown. It is always 480 (24 pages times 20 friends per page).

3. Antler collectibles in the hunt history: The hunt history (https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hooc ... cs/history) lists 2 findings for each 1 antler found.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”