4th anual community meeting of Die Jagdfreunde

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: 4th anual community meeting of Die Jagdfreunde

Post by ForstHeld »

So far we met always in this area. Because this is pretty much in the middle of germany an the folks came all across the country.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Awesome! Grats to all the Germans! I've always enjoyed your photos from your get togethers and it's so awesome that you guys are still doing this. I knew which one was you Forst from past photos and sadly, your hair is still not getting thicker :lol: but you're not alone buddy!

Those are some beautiful scenery pictures, that is so pretty! And it's much more like spring than we have right now. Today was only the second day this spring to hit 70 (21c)for me and we're on track to make top ten recorded history of coldest April's.

Food and drink bring humans together for a good time no matter what language you speak. Looks like a great turnout and want you to know how awesome it is you shared it.

For fun I googled the question, how long to drive across Germany, it's not really small roughly 6 hours across and 10hrs north to south - State of Montana is slightly larger than Germany - Our advantage are the highway system. Driving in the US is nothing like Europe. Crossing through Europe I get the feeling it would be like driving through some of our residential subdivisions, tight, winding, claustrophobic sort of but beautiful! Europe is so rich in history and heritage, at least the opinion I come away with. For me one of the most amazing things Google ever invented was Google maps- I can travel anywhere in Germany from my desk any day of the week...tell me that's not cool as hell! The only drawback, I can not grab me a plate of whatever the hell is on the grill! and that SUCKS!!! I want some of that! Whatever it is, it looks yummy!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Radamus wrote:Our advantage are the highway system. Driving in the US is nothing like Europe. Crossing through Europe I get the feeling it would be like driving through some of our residential subdivisions, tight, winding, claustrophobic sort of but beautiful! Europe is so rich in history and heritage, at least the opinion I come away with. For me one of the most amazing things Google ever invented was Google maps- I can travel anywhere in Germany from my desk any day of the week...tell me that's not cool as hell! The only drawback, I can not grab me a plate of whatever the hell is on the grill! and that SUCKS!!! I want some of that! Whatever it is, it looks yummy!
Well, Germany has a pretty good Highway system too, it is called the Autobahn you might have heard of it. ;)
Well the subdivisions happen when you have 2000 years of history (starting at the Romans here for ease's sake). The country roads (Landstrassen) do twist and wind but they all lead to an Autobahn sooner or later.
Code: Select all
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:Driving in the US is nothing like Europe. Crossing through Europe I get the feeling it would be like driving through some of our residential subdivisions, tight, winding, claustrophobic sort of but beautiful!
Here in Germany we love our tight and winding "Autobahn" - it offers a little challenge when you're driving 150 mph. :D

EDIT: nachthexe beat me to it.
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats for your meeting ForstHeld, a nice and cool idea for a week-end between people with a same passion. :)
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

Without Autobahn and/or driving only at 90 mph it will probably take much longer than 10 hours from north to south ;)
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Radamus wrote: For fun I googled the question, how long to drive across Germany, it's not really small roughly 6 hours across and 10hrs north to south - State of Montana is slightly larger than Germany - Our advantage are the highway system.
With the whole Autobahn/Highway thing you guys miss a important Point inhabitants State of Montana 1.000.000 inhabitants Germany 82.000.000.

Its not a Problem of the streets ist a Problem of the number of cars on the streets ;-)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

delete
Last edited by stancomputerhunter on April 24th, 2018, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I wonder what's going on in the "General Off Topic" Thread these days ........... You know.. the one right below "Off Topics" :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hey Forst, where did you do the archery session? I spent the last few days with some friends in the same town where you had your meeting - and I think I might recognize those arrows with the pink and white feathers... Hazelwood Archery?

Anyway, see me doing my first longbow shots ever - great fun! :)

Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”