General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 353
- Joined: November 20th, 2015, 5:29 am
- Location: The 1st world of Africa
Yeah I have been wondering about that as well. Want to see if someone else miraculously sneaked in front of me
- Alena Rybik
- EW Staff
- Posts: 5029
- Joined: January 7th, 2014, 6:31 am
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Seems like the server update job failed, we'll fix it tomorrow. Can we survive until then?
Alena Rybik wrote:Can we survive until then?
'Spinning wheel of hall of fame' sounds like a good game show to me
That was 3 weeks ago Alena.Alena Rybik wrote:Seems like the server update job failed, we'll fix it tomorrow.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Still a spinning wheel for season 21. I keep a list of all previous seasons and usually check once a week to see if I can access. I have yet to have season 21 load. I check the wikia just as often to see if HooCairs was able to get the data as well. Since the wikia chart isn't updated since his last post, figure he is also still failing to be able to view the data.
- Champion Hunter
- Posts: 19361
- Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
- Location: Switzerland
Alena Rybik wrote:Seems like the server update job failed, we'll fix it tomorrow. Can we survive until then?
Wait a minute! A job for the hall of fame? Now it dawns on me why you have these issues. The HoF is dynamic? It should be static!
Now I understand why you have these big issues.
- Seasons 1-7 are broken. You cannot reproduce the data because you have either lost these seasons, or they were stored differently back then. Your job cannot find the data. If the HoF was a static table, you could just put in the data which is readily available. I have sent the correct values to pretty much every of your web developers from the past. Now I get why none of them could fix it. With a static table you could restore these seasons.
- The HoF is slow to load. A simple static table with a few hundred entries would be very fast to load.
- You have a hard time removing cheaters retrospectively, because you need to go and change the source data. If the HoF was static, changes were faster to make.
- It takes you a long time to produce the HoF after every season. I know this from former employees. Sure, a static table would mean some manual work to enter the last season's values, maybe an hour at most? But this is little time spent compared to those hours trying to fix the dynamic table without a result.
If anyone of EW is still reading this, consider fixing the HoF by making it static and you can fix all of the issues above (from my point of view) and make your own live easier in the future. I am happy to send the correct data for seasons 1-7 another time. Oh and please choose a design that doesn't show a season over 10 web pages.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest