new map.....

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: new map.....

Postby DanthemanBoone » February 11th, 2024, 4:40 pm

Yeah .. That's the answer.. Just turn the noisy buggers off. I only ever have the flock sounds on if I an hunting ducks or geese otherwise I maintain the belief that silence is Golden.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Postby outrider » February 11th, 2024, 7:28 pm

Fletchette wrote:
outrider wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:I would like to see a late fall map situated in the area between Redfeather Falls and Whiterime Ridge: a Northern Alberta, Canada map set during the Whitetail rut. Huge-bodied winter-coat Whitetails, Moose, Woodland Caribou, Canadian Lynx, Wolves, Ruffed & Spruce Grouse in the bare tree branches, and long-eared Black-tipped Jackrabbits turned white.

i like your suggestion, but,.....could they leave the fowl out of it.the dev's seem to go over board with the sound effects for them. i live in a town that is one of many winter home for migrating birds, mainly Canadian Geese and they don't make near the amount of calling that they do in theHunter, to the point of being annoying (flocks fly over my home several times a day.). that is the reason i visit very little on Whiterime Ridge map.

of course this is just my opinion, i'm not a bird hunter, even in R/L...

Recall that you can turn off the flock sounds using the in-game options. Options-->Gameplay-->Disable Flock Sounds.

all these years and i never knew that.... :oops: goes to show you,..."life is a learning process.." thanks for the info...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Bonedigger777
Tracker

Postby Bonedigger777 » February 12th, 2024, 10:27 am

OldMtnMan wrote:I'd like a Colorado map with the proper animals and snow.

Yes, it snows in big game seasons. Oct, Nov, Dec and small game in later seasons.

I got to thinking about this and the more I think about it the more I like it. What animals would you have? Thinking strictly in terms of Colorado, you would need a map with mountains in the west half and plains in the east half. The possible big game for the western half would be Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, Black Bear (Grizzlies were extirpated from Colorado long ago), Mountain Lion, Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat, although I don't think we need another map with moose on it. The possible big game for the eastern half would be Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Pronghorn, and possibly Bison and Elk if you're using historical distribution. Am I missing any? Turkey and Coyote would be statewide. There's a whole assortment of other small game that could be possible. For waterfowl you have Canada and Snow Goose, and twelve different species of duck.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Postby OldMtnMan » February 12th, 2024, 1:21 pm

Bonedigger777 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I'd like a Colorado map with the proper animals and snow.

Yes, it snows in big game seasons. Oct, Nov, Dec and small game in later seasons.

I got to thinking about this and the more I think about it the more I like it. What animals would you have? Thinking strictly in terms of Colorado, you would need a map with mountains in the west half and plains in the east half. The possible big game for the western half would be Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, Black Bear (Grizzlies were extirpated from Colorado long ago), Mountain Lion, Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat, although I don't think we need another map with moose on it. The possible big game for the eastern half would be Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Pronghorn, and possibly Bison and Elk if you're using historical distribution. Am I missing any? Turkey and Coyote would be statewide. There's a whole assortment of other small game that could be possible. For waterfowl you have Canada and Snow Goose, and twelve different species of duck.

You about got them all. With 300,000 elk the devs would have to give us good numbers.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Postby wintergoose » February 12th, 2024, 1:23 pm

missing a map with vast plains with large herds of bison, intersected by river valleys. particularly large open plains and the possibility of hunting directly from horseback. Bison as the main game, but contains deer, birds and smaller game. There is also room for coyotes and wolves.

Return to “General Chat”