What's up with the lynx?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

What's up with the lynx?

Post by Dr_ViEr »

My last medium daily mission was to spot a female (!) lynx. This was the first DM I failed (I am at day 716 right now and only missed a few days for technical reasons so far).
I have to admit, I have not had much time that day, so I fast traveled and placed myself on a tree stand close to the e-caller on my favorite lynx location. In 6 hours (split into 3 attempts) no lynx (either male or female) appeared.

Today, I am back on a medium DM, it's again spotting a lynx (this time without a restriction to female or male). Again I spent an hour in my favorite spot and as this did not worked out, I moved south to set up tree stands in the location Hoo is recommending in here.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... c#p1042653

In one hour crossing from north to south, I did not detect a single track of a lynx. Once I had set the western 3 stands I restarted the hunt and fast traveled there.
After having spent one hour each, I am now on the last one and still not a single sign of a lynx.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the lynx (or e-caller)?
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: What's up with the lynx?

Post by Dr_ViEr »

In the next attempt I finally found fleeing tracks and after following, I was able to call in a female.
As I used both, scent spray and e-caller, I am still not sure if the caller is working correctly.
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

In my opinion, the e-caller does not work on lynx at the moment. Had another female walking by at ~30m without any reaction to the caller.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I use the e-callers all the time, and they bring in the cats. If a cat does not respond 30m away, either it is still in nervous mode after being spooked, or you have activated the wrong sound. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

HooCairs wrote:I use the e-callers all the time, and they bring in the cats. If a cat does not respond 30m away, either it is still in nervous mode after being spooked, or you have activated the wrong sound. :D
To be honest, I double checked the sound as I expected this answer!
I was sitting for roughly 20 min on my tree stand without any action, therefore I don't know what might gave spooked it.
Did you try the e-caller on lynx within the last few days?
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

In my experience, non-nervous lynx have an incredibly high response rate to the e-caller, but I am not convinced it's 100%. I've seen bobcats, wolves and lynx (not puma though) roaming around unspooked within 200m and would not respond to the e-caller when I first turned it on. But I've found out if an animal doesn't respond on the first try, you can almost always get it to respond by turning the sound off then on again. It's like certain call sessions will get a response, and the occasional one will not. Almost as if the animals have like a 90% response rate to the caller or something like that.

It's also worth noting that if an animal WAS attracted to the e-caller and the e-caller was turned off, even if for just a second, there's a sort of cooldown period before the animal will respond to the e-caller again. Although I haven't figured out exactly what that cooldown period is.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I agree with you. That was also my experience with the e-caller. I was pretty happy with it.

But - that is at least my feeling - since a few days it behaves different.
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

That's how hunting should be. If it's too predictable it becomes too easy and boring.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Allyson Aragão

Post by Allyson Aragão »

I've been noticing also than there is something wrong with turkeys, 2 hours to find 5 them and sometimes they ignore my caller... I reported it to support and they asked me to record the gameplay (unfortunately I can't because of my pc), so
I hope someone can do it so they can fix this.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

OldMtnMan wrote:That's how hunting should be. If it's too predictable it becomes too easy and boring.
Hunting in real life is easy a good majority of the time, the animals don't stand a chance LOL. Hence a buck every year for the last 20 years :P

Return to “General Chat”