Mission reset

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Mission reset

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I finalized another turn of missions.

After having a hard time with the last Grizzly mission - something I will post within the next days - I was really happy to do something else.

Therefore I went to BRR. When I found the first tracks from Axis deer, I was surprised that no mission requirement pop-up came up.

When I checked the mission page, only 21 out of 69 missions were active (by then, I remembered).

I wonder, is there any valid reason, why 2/3 of the missions require to spot, track and kill a Whitetail before getting active...
Spoiler:
Bort
Scout

Re: Mission reset

Post by Bort »

None of the missions are available until we do the first 3 Whitetail Deer Missions which require tracking, spotting, and harvesting a Whitetail. I think it's always been that way.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Dr_ViEr wrote:I wonder, is there any valid reason, why 2/3 of the missions require to spot, track and kill a Whitetail before getting active...
For a long time you needed to do some whitetail missions first before all other packs became available, I guess to force you to learn the game better. Then EW seem to have forgotten that rule, so that you have the latest mission packs immediately available when you start new or when you reset.

So no, there is no "valid" reason. Just a break in the initial concept.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Bort wrote:None of the missions are available until we do the first 3 Whitetail Deer Missions which require tracking, spotting, and harvesting a Whitetail. I think it's always been that way.
That is not correct.
21 out of missions are directly available. That is what me make wonder. If it would be the same for all, it would look like something intended. But like this...

For example: Feral goat mission is active, axis deer and kangaroo not.
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

HooCairs wrote:
Dr_ViEr wrote:I wonder, is there any valid reason, why 2/3 of the missions require to spot, track and kill a Whitetail before getting active...
For a long time you needed to do some whitetail missions first before all other packs became available, I guess to force you to learn the game better. Then EW seem to have forgotten that rule, so that you have the latest mission packs immediately available when you start new or when you reset.

So no, there is no "valid" reason. Just a break in the initial concept.
That's how it looks like!
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

But it does not seem to be related to the release date.
Axis deer (not active) is definitely newer than goat (active).
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yeah, it seems they even got the mistake wrong. :D

Or they changed the concept and all is perectly fine, they just never told us. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Have never worked out why some packs open and others don't, always thought was down to release dates but like you say Feral goats. Usually after reset get first 4 or 5 WT missions done along with first parker mission, 2/3 of first feral hog mission, couple pheasant missions & if yotes about 2 or 3 of them all at mid tower loggers. The activate all button is great as no longer have to click for 5mins in tower.
papy109
Spotter

Post by papy109 »

For those like me who have already done 2 complete mission rounds, I would find it useful to rewrite the oldest ones so as not to tire the player and encourage us to relaunch an additional round of missions!
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I never dug through the list of all 660 missions to see which ones are available or not. My point was we have to do the first 3 Whitetail missions, first, before we can do (apparently most of) the others.

Return to “General Chat”