30R Is A Good Gun

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: 30R Is A Good Gun

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Thanks for the offer jimbo. I cant be tempted. Im very much a animal hunter. even in real life I never had the urge to shoot birds. Ive had enough GMs to buy a full set of Snow goose gear on many occasions but just cant find the urge to go there.

Today I finally got my personal bests working and scrolling through found almost half of my longest shots are down to the 30R. Most between 280 and 320yards.
Guess that shows where my head is at with my weapon choice. Dont hold with the super long range stuff though. Even in real life i have watched the guys shooting vids of mad long range hunting, but they only ever show their kills, never the ones they miss or wound. But at normal sight ranges it proves my contention, If I can see it I can kill it. A few longest shots also attributed to the 45.70. I particularly like using the 45.70 and calculating the longer range bullet drops on those big beasties.

Be well. enjoy your game as much as I enjoy mine.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Well, I was doing so good last night. I was amazed I could read the real small print they use for some of the commercials they don't want us to read. I haven't seen this well in a lot of years. Distance was blurry but that just means I need glasses for that. I went to bed happy I had got my vision back.

However, I woke up this morning and my eye was really hurting. My vision was blurry too. Even more blurry than right after the surgery. I can't see very good to tell but I believe my eye is red too. All signs they said to look out for. Especially 3 days after surgery when the eye
should be almost heled and full vision back. I can barely see good enough to type this. They said to call right away if I get any of these symptoms and i'm getting all three. Pain, blurry and redness. I'm worried and have no way to get to the the doctor. He's 100 miles away. It's too early to call. I'm not sure why I felt a need to tell you guys but I did. If I disappear you'll know this didn't turn out well. My biggest fear was something going wrong and ending up blind since I was already blind in my right eye from surgery. I held off way longer than I should have to get the surgery on my left eye. Now I may regret it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Keeping this short because I know it's hard for you to read right now, but really hope this works out well for you, Pete, and that we see you back here soon.

Incidentally, I think the circumstances mean it's okay to call a little early...
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

We are all really pulling for you Pete. I pray that this is just a setback and you're going to be fine. We will wait to hear from you. Please get well soon!!! Jim :(
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Talked to the doctor. He said it wasn't normal but wasn't worried and to give it some time. Some of the blurriness went away but it's still way more blurry than yesterday. I'll think positive and wait it out.

I'll just use the computer a little at a time. I think it puts a strain on the eye. Especially, when it's trying to heal. I was on a long time yesterday and maybe that's what brought it on today.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

Hey "OldMan" get well soon. Thinking positive is the right way. You seam like a tough lad so I'm sure you'll be on your feet in no time.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Pulling for you Pete!! Only the best to you sir!! Get well soon!! ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Damn! Woke up this morning and it's really burry and painful again. Doctor went on vacation yesterday, so I can't talk to him anymore. Weekend anyway and holiday.

I'll have to wait it out and hope it gets better.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:Damn! Woke up this morning and it's really burry and painful again. Doctor went on vacation yesterday, so I can't talk to him anymore. Weekend anyway and holiday.

I'll have to wait it out and hope it gets better.
Hey Pete! Have you got anyone else that is able to check in on you, maybe your neighbor or someone else? If you don't check back with us in a day or two, is there someone I can call for you? You can PM me your info so at least I can notify someone to come and check on you!! Hoping you feel better soon buddy!! Jim
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks, Jimbo. Yes, I have help if I need it. Hopefully, it won't come to that. I had cataract surgery on my right eye before it went blind and it was nothing. I was driving an 18 wheeler at the time and went back to work the next day after surgery with perfect vision. No way do I accept this as normal as the doctor said.

I can use the computer with reading glasses and about 12" from the screen but anything farther is a blurry mess.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”