Gamma / Contrast

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
trulight
Scout

Gamma / Contrast

Post by trulight »

Anyone know of a way to keep the vibrance/game color from washing out when you get to much of the sky in the frame, it is really hurting the eyes, and making all the colors wash out in the game no matter how much I add vibrance.
Really sucks for those of us that have developed photo/light sensitivity in our old age.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Gamma / Contrast

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Some monitors have Blue Light filters that may be possible to disable/enable. They also have Adaptive Contrast Control. I play with it off, though it may work for you if you have it or something similar to it. Is this the kind of washout you're talking about?
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Some monitors have Blue Light filters that may be possible to disable/enable. They also have Adaptive Contrast Control. I play with it off, though it may work for you if you have it or something similar to it. Is this the kind of washout you're talking about?
No, put half the sky and half the ground on like hirschfeldon or rogoru, and look at the grass/trees. Now put barely any sky in your field of view, you'll see everything is crisp and clear in color/contrast. The light effects of the sky are way messed up.

It never used to be that way. the only time the game doesn't hurt my eyes is when it's raining in game.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

One would have to suspect you have already tried hunting with the dark glasses turned on.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Try to use sunglasses. No joke.

I Do it always when hunting whaterflow.

If you don't know how simply buy some in the store (you have to tints. Yellow and dark. Darks better for your problem), equip in the clothing as always and when in game press "Z"* to put on/off.

* I think that's the default key.

Good luck. 8-)
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

yeah, no, lol dark glasses just look horrible. it's not a brightness / contrast problem in general, it's an ambient sky lighting problem.

Return to “General Chat”