Community Leage competitions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
User avatar
trulight
Scout
Posts: 300
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby trulight » May 20th, 2022, 11:53 pm

But as peeps said prior, can't beat luck, 2 of the comps i've won (and i don't play many mind you) Was a roe vs blind, and a largest magpie. The roe was the first roe i shot within 15 mins of starting the game, and magpie goose that went 4 points shy of max score was like the fourth or fifth i killed that hunt. So no can't beat luck.
User avatar
vsaet
Hunter
Posts: 780
Joined: March 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby vsaet » May 21st, 2022, 5:37 pm

trulight wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:
trulight wrote:
Your only thinkin of what it would fix in your opinion, what your not taking into account are all the difficult same hunt missions, secondly a reserve as far as we know only gets a certain amount of animals, if you eliminate them even the next day you don't get the same amount as prior.

Secondly, a majority of the players are not competition players, they either hunt casually, or just hunt/farm gms.


We are talking about league comps, not sure what your point about missions have to do with anything, and as far as i know, second day extension gives you new full spawn of animals, so not any less than the original spawn amount.


Because usually when they make a change for one area it happens EVERYWHERE, and that would affect missions. It's been my observation that not only in this game, but in many others, that one change gets made globally.

Secondly, doesn't matter what rules you come up with, there will always be "gamers" that find a way to optimize what they are doing. Then you end up with competitions that are so complex that very few peeps of the populace want to participate because it's just not fun (This is my opinion of course, but i'm sure there are others.) No disrespect to the peeps running comps, it's very appreciated, and awesome that they do them, and take the time to do them. (Also considering these hunts are suppose to be harder as the rewards are greater)

because all observations in this post are helpful to the devs to have an idea what players observe and propose , I add here some other observations and suggestions that can be useful to make the competition go forward and make it more attractive.
I found that using only the biggest score only is somewhere annoying my opinion is to diversify the objective of the competition for example Lowest score,lowest weight , heavy weight also combined one of 3 males or females etc
I found from the beginning i play on 2009 that females,especially antler species females,are there only for completing the environment. No score for the antler species females when in real hunting from were i come females are appreciated.
Why not also combined competition with for example combined score or weight of 3 animal of a specie.
I think it will be my last post ,I said what I has to say and I have to thanks all you have answered here.
have fun and be happy :)
Image
User avatar
trulight
Scout
Posts: 300
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby trulight » May 21st, 2022, 10:48 pm

vsaet wrote:
trulight wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:
We are talking about league comps, not sure what your point about missions have to do with anything, and as far as i know, second day extension gives you new full spawn of animals, so not any less than the original spawn amount.


Because usually when they make a change for one area it happens EVERYWHERE, and that would affect missions. It's been my observation that not only in this game, but in many others, that one change gets made globally.

Secondly, doesn't matter what rules you come up with, there will always be "gamers" that find a way to optimize what they are doing. Then you end up with competitions that are so complex that very few peeps of the populace want to participate because it's just not fun (This is my opinion of course, but i'm sure there are others.) No disrespect to the peeps running comps, it's very appreciated, and awesome that they do them, and take the time to do them. (Also considering these hunts are suppose to be harder as the rewards are greater)

because all observations in this post are helpful to the devs to have an idea what players observe and propose , I add here some other observations and suggestions that can be useful to make the competition go forward and make it more attractive.
I found that using only the biggest score only is somewhere annoying my opinion is to diversify the objective of the competition for example Lowest score,lowest weight , heavy weight also combined one of 3 males or females etc
I found from the beginning i play on 2009 that females,especially antler species females,are there only for completing the environment. No score for the antler species females when in real hunting from were i come females are appreciated.
Why not also combined competition with for example combined score or weight of 3 animal of a specie.
I think it will be my last post ,I said what I has to say and I have to thanks all you have answered here.
have fun and be happy :)


Yeah for sure agree with ya man. It's just good so they can see all sides of the spectrum, and anything that makes things better for everyone all around is always welcome. I did take a look at what op was talking about, it does seem to be 30+ hour stuff going around and leaderboard says it all for the season leader.
User avatar
vsaet
Hunter
Posts: 780
Joined: March 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby vsaet » May 22nd, 2022, 5:20 pm

trulight wrote:
vsaet wrote:
trulight wrote:
Because usually when they make a change for one area it happens EVERYWHERE, and that would affect missions. It's been my observation that not only in this game, but in many others, that one change gets made globally.

Secondly, doesn't matter what rules you come up with, there will always be "gamers" that find a way to optimize what they are doing. Then you end up with competitions that are so complex that very few peeps of the populace want to participate because it's just not fun (This is my opinion of course, but i'm sure there are others.) No disrespect to the peeps running comps, it's very appreciated, and awesome that they do them, and take the time to do them. (Also considering these hunts are suppose to be harder as the rewards are greater)

because all observations in this post are helpful to the devs to have an idea what players observe and propose , I add here some other observations and suggestions that can be useful to make the competition go forward and make it more attractive.
I found that using only the biggest score only is somewhere annoying my opinion is to diversify the objective of the competition for example Lowest score,lowest weight , heavy weight also combined one of 3 males or females etc
I found from the beginning i play on 2009 that females,especially antler species females,are there only for completing the environment. No score for the antler species females when in real hunting from were i come females are appreciated.
Why not also combined competition with for example combined score or weight of 3 animal of a specie.
I think it will be my last post ,I said what I has to say and I have to thanks all you have answered here.
have fun and be happy :)


Yeah for sure agree with ya man. It's just good so they can see all sides of the spectrum, and anything that makes things better for everyone all around is always welcome. I did take a look at what op was talking about, it does seem to be 30+ hour stuff going around and leaderboard says it all for the season leader.

Wrong! Is not 30 but 60 h game time and that 4 times real time duration 1 day and 6 h session and other 1 day and 10 h real time of a session. make the count is 3 days game duration ;) :lol:

PS See Here:https://www.thehunter.com/en/#profile/goldilock/statistics/history
Image
User avatar
trulight
Scout
Posts: 300
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby trulight » May 22nd, 2022, 11:13 pm

vsaet wrote:
trulight wrote:
vsaet wrote:because all observations in this post are helpful to the devs to have an idea what players observe and propose , I add here some other observations and suggestions that can be useful to make the competition go forward and make it more attractive.
I found that using only the biggest score only is somewhere annoying my opinion is to diversify the objective of the competition for example Lowest score,lowest weight , heavy weight also combined one of 3 males or females etc
I found from the beginning i play on 2009 that females,especially antler species females,are there only for completing the environment. No score for the antler species females when in real hunting from were i come females are appreciated.
Why not also combined competition with for example combined score or weight of 3 animal of a specie.
I think it will be my last post ,I said what I has to say and I have to thanks all you have answered here.
have fun and be happy :)


Yeah for sure agree with ya man. It's just good so they can see all sides of the spectrum, and anything that makes things better for everyone all around is always welcome. I did take a look at what op was talking about, it does seem to be 30+ hour stuff going around and leaderboard says it all for the season leader.

Wrong! Is not 30 but 60 h game time and that 4 times real time duration 1 day and 6 h session and other 1 day and 10 h real time of a session. make the count is 3 days game duration ;) :lol:

PS See Here:https://www.thehunter.com/en/#profile/goldilock/statistics/history


30"+" 30plus 30+ :P clear enough :P that means over 30 so not wrong lol.
User avatar
vsaet
Hunter
Posts: 780
Joined: March 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Community Leage competitions

Postby vsaet » May 23rd, 2022, 8:02 pm

trulight wrote:
vsaet wrote:
trulight wrote:
Yeah for sure agree with ya man. It's just good so they can see all sides of the spectrum, and anything that makes things better for everyone all around is always welcome. I did take a look at what op was talking about, it does seem to be 30+ hour stuff going around and leaderboard says it all for the season leader.

Wrong! Is not 30 but 60 h game time and that 4 times real time duration 1 day and 6 h session and other 1 day and 10 h real time of a session. make the count is 3 days game duration ;) :lol:

PS See Here:https://www.thehunter.com/en/#profile/goldilock/statistics/history


30"+" 30plus 30+ :P clear enough :P that means over 30 so not wrong lol.

We are wrong all 2 because I make the count again .There are at least 3 times 60 h but in classic there not night play like in COTW that means for one session 60 h make almost 5 game days( 12 h day no night). :o :roll: :lol:
And something good about luck. I am today in place 204 i killed only 2 rabbits in one session one is 1904 and now I am in place 20. That makes me crazy and on the other side I feel sad because the competition is bad that way :(
Image

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artheron, Bing [Bot] and 1 guest