The new taxidermy screen is bad

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Brutus969
Scout

The new taxidermy screen is bad

Post by Brutus969 »

It's far too sensitive and I can't even press escape to leave (and sell) as I used to. What was the point of this change? Literally nothing was gained. Utter waste of time.

Please let me press escape to leave, and even better, revert back to the old taxidermy screen...
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

trulight
Scout

Re: The new taxidermy screen is bad

Post by trulight »

I don't even have it turned on, can turn it off in the options, and if you decide Hey i want to taxi that animal, you can do it from hunt results on website for 24 hours after the kill
Frew13

Post by Frew13 »

I agree. This is a very bad innovation. I'm also afraid to accidentally move the mouse and make a trophy :D
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

If you can't control your mouse on the taxi screen. How can you aim the weapon?

There's more important stuff to fix than this.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Frew13 wrote:I'm also afraid to accidentally move the mouse and make a trophy :D
My point exactly.
CaplockHunter wrote:If you can't control your mouse on the taxi screen. How can you aim the weapon?

There's more important stuff to fix than this.
Not all of us have steady hands, but I look forward to you wasting some currency on an accidental taxidermy :mrgreen: which IS EVEN EASIER TO DO than it used to be.

I agree with your last point though. So why the heck did they change it in the first place? Looks like some task given to a dumb intern to implement.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

You have a 2nd chance to get out of an accidental taxi.

I believe it was changed because of the scull taxi.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

New control is extremely poorly designed. But there is a workaround: when it's displayed, start to move your mouse side to side quickly. In about a second or two it will be less sensitive and will allow to 'aim' the central button easily. This works with my Razer mouse, I think it has adaptive driver and that's the root of the issue.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I tried turning mine off in the options because it wasn't working and it kept coming back. I was having issues where the taxidermy buttons would light up when I scrolled over them but the sell button would stay dark, but clicking on the taxidermy buttons didn't do anything either at first. The confirmation screen would finally pop up after clicking around for a couple of minutes and I could finally decline the taxidermy and get back to the game.

I actually don't mind the new menu when it works properly for me, but the sensitivity should probably be adjusted.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

The problem may be exaggerated if you have your mouse DPI set too fast. That makes the mouse movement too sensitive. Like for aiming a gun!
Pete

ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

New radial menu screen sucks big time, if taking trophy shots now close game after trophy shot as sell button can seldom be clicked and ain't wasting time attempting it.

Return to “General Chat”