I feel frustrated

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

I feel frustrated

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I just shot a Rusa female for RUS-A competition, it has 51,62 kg , which would have given me the first place. The animal was walking when I shoot at it, exactly the condition the competition asks, otherwise I wouldn't have shoot at it. After killing it and seeing its weight I waited for the pop up to show me that I got first place, but nothing happened. Seeing that I searched the killed animal sheet and , what do you know, it says that the animal was idle!!!!!!!!!!! How is that possible ??
I feel robbed of the first place.Really. That's not fair competition at all...

Antler Collectables
No antler collectables collected during this expedition.
Confirmed kills
Rusa Deer (F) N/A
23h 52m 39s
Score: N/A
Harvest value : 100
Weight: 51.63 kg (113.83 lbs)
Time of Harvest: 2021-11-27 16:23 EET
Shots Hit: 1
Shot Distance: 10.66m (34.97ft)
Weapons Used:
10mm Semi-Automatic Pistol

UPDATE

The second one I shot was taken into consideration, so more reasons to be more frustrated.

UPDATE 2

I just killed a 51,31Kg and I am now were I was supposed to be, the first place. Justice was served!
Andhii
Scout

Re: I feel frustrated

Post by Andhii »

I'v seen this happen sometimes too, the animal state being registered wrong. Last time while doing Eurasian Lynx missions, needed a male that was standing still, shot one that was absolutely still and game told me it was roaming. Could be related to the roaming bug where animal is fleeing but leaves roaming tracks, like I saw a rabbit once do. Seeing it flee straight away, running after it while picking up "roaming" tracks :D

Kudos to you for not giving up!
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

thx, I just killed a 50,04 kg minutes ago. Theoretically this time I won't lose the first place. I hope.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Had the same thing happen several times with the waterbuffalo comp when waterbuffs shot walking have come up as idle in the harvest record. Just another hazard in the game. Accept and move on and hope the next one records correctly. Every one else is competing under the same conditions so its not as if you are being Targeted individually.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

IMHO, these sort of conditions of idle or roaming don't belong in competitions, especially seeing how this mechanism is buggy.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

DanthemanBoone wrote:Had the same thing happen several times with the waterbuffalo comp when waterbuffs shot walking have come up as idle in the harvest record. Just another hazard in the game. Accept and move on and hope the next one records correctly. Every one else is competing under the same conditions so its not as if you are being Targeted individually.
I know that friend. It was not about me targeted (note that I didn't blame anyone, I just said I feel frustration), it's about frustration when you lose a result that can make you win a competition. If it were a 75 kg Rusa female lost, you wouldn't have been seeing me here complaining, would you ?
jttoo wrote:IMHO, these sort of conditions of idle or roaming don't belong in competitions, especially seeing how this mechanism is buggy.
I couldn't agree more.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:I just shot a Rusa female for RUS-A competition, it has 51,62 kg , which would have given me the first place. The animal was walking when I shoot at it, exactly the condition the competition asks, otherwise I wouldn't have shoot at it. After killing it and seeing its weight I waited for the pop up to show me that I got first place, but nothing happened. Seeing that I searched the killed animal sheet and , what do you know, it says that the animal was idle!!!!!!!!!!! How is that possible ??

Antler Collectables
Confirmed kills
Rusa Deer (F) N/A
23h 52m 39s
Weapons Used:

UPDATE

The second one I shot was taken into consideration, so more reasons to be more frustrated.

UPDATE 2

I just killed a 51,31Kg and I am now were I was supposed to be, the first place. Justice was served!
If you don't want to feel frustrated forget the comps.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

1Al wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:I just shot a Rusa female for RUS-A competition, it has 51,62 kg , which would have given me the first place. The animal was walking when I shoot at it, exactly the condition the competition asks, otherwise I wouldn't have shoot at it. After killing it and seeing its weight I waited for the pop up to show me that I got first place, but nothing happened. Seeing that I searched the killed animal sheet and , what do you know, it says that the animal was idle!!!!!!!!!!! How is that possible ??

Antler Collectables
Confirmed kills
Rusa Deer (F) N/A
23h 52m 39s
Weapons Used:

UPDATE

UPDATE 2

If you don't want to feel frustrated forget the comps.

The only reason I am (still) here is exactly that: competing , LIVE, with other players. So, for me, competition is important. By the way, I won that competition in the end.
Weent19

Post by Weent19 »

What's up it's me, I am also visiting this website daily, this website is really pleasant and the viewers are really sharing good thoughts

Return to “General Chat”