AMA 2022

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: AMA 2022

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Any information on the spooking radii of the different weapons would be great!
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

FullDiesel wrote:Can I have my own T-Rex ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here you go.... ;)

Here's my question for Dmitri:

Bushranger's Run has the Axis Deer now, but still has what is essentially unused space in the west-northwest half of the map. Is there any possible chance that map could see further development or improvement or upgrading in the western half, to make better use of all that wonderful, nearly animal-free, terrain out there? Please say yes. So much could be done. ;) Thank you for taking our questions. Jimbo :)
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

1) When will we see a new map ? It started to get old with the stock maps we have. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the stock maps quality we already have, I just want something new, there are 5 years or so since we had a new map. We miss a new winter map, there are just two winter map in stock. Maybe another winter map with Euroasian Lynx in it ? in my opinion this beautiful animal is underestimated in this game as a presence in winter maps.
2) Will there be more animals released this year ?
3) Alpine part in North/North east, in Timbergold Trail is virtually empty, with all the pumas, bighorn ships and all (ptarmigan won't count, nobody cares about it anyway). Would you please add some more animals there ?
nature9
Spotter

Post by nature9 »

1) Is there any change to have new map? (Design of the new map could be like the older ones, no need of huge maps like TGT and that could be done with smaller team)
2) Why there is Bobcat in Rougarou Bayou? I think Racoon dog would be better. Could we switch to that? Or Muskrat would also fit there nicely.
3) Why Samba deer and Rusa are so hard to kill? Could you thinner those armors? Quite strange that Elk is easier to kill than Samba. Especially bow hunting is nightmare in Piccabeen. (Piccabeen is clearly worst map, please add more species)
4) Could we have Caribou to the Whiterime? There would be space in the SW and West side of the map. (Just rework the Reindeer skin, so not much of work)
5) East side of the TGT is quite dead especially on the higher parts. Could we add some animals there or new specie?

Thanks for the Fallow deer :) I would like support game in future, but without new content it is quite hard to find anything to buy (COTW is made for kids, so I'm not interested from that)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Very simple question, will be new equipment, weapons and/or animals this year?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

nature9 wrote: 3) Why Samba deer and Rusa are so hard to kill? Could you thinner those armors?
Apparently. If you know to place your shot or which rifle to choose, they are quite easy to kill.Here's some tips how to do it:

1) If you are not in a hurry all the time you hunt, just wait them to come closer. Shoot for the heart if you are head-on with it or shoot for the lungs or/and liver if the animal is 90 degress from you. You could have instant kill if you do exactly what I said. Alternatively you can aim for intestine and it's a kill for sure but you could have to chase the animal until dies for a while depending the rifle you chose (its penetration power).

2) if you want to kill it for sure and you are not in a hurry just aim for intestine. It will die eventually depending on the distance you shot it at.

3) use a powerfull rifle (forget about handguns and shotguns if you fire at them from afar, with the exception of the 9mm pistol; they all will be body wounds at best, and that if you touch them with your shot at all). A powerfull rifle, .300 for instance will kill them , even with a body wound and even if you shot from afar. With luck could be a instant kill with a .300 from afar.

What I think you are doing is this, which is a common mistake for the newbies: you take all your shots from afar with a less powerfull rifle and sometimes with low skill for that rifle, which makes it wobble a lot and impares your aim, which certainly will end up as a body wound (meaning low penetration depending the rifle you use) , which means the animal won't die without a second shot.
Keep in mind, too, that Sambar has thicker skin than Rusa so, in theory it would take a powerfull gun to get the job done. If you take all your shots from a close distance this difference won't matter.
Last edited by Vanatorul_Roman on May 9th, 2022, 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Dr_ViEr wrote:Any information on the spooking radii of the different weapons would be great!
What I know is this:
the .22 pistol has a lower range spooking animals. The same goes for that .22 Pinkington and the .22 air rifle. All the others are noisy.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

Hi there! ;)

I do have a very simple questions:

Will there be added new weapons to the game sooner or later? Will there be a new reserve added to the game sooner or later? how about new vehicles for the game, an ATV for example? Is there any new equipment on his way to the game?

I am asking just politely, sorry bad English.

Sincerely,

your FatMountainbear ;)
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Cheers hunters, we'll move onto answering these now. Any posts after this one won't be answered.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

There were a lot of questions. We'll be seeing them in our sleep for months to come, especially the ones that weren't answered, but we've done what we can.

Read the answers HERE on the Hunter blog.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”