Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy hunters!

We've got a fair bit in the update this time, but don't despair, it's not that chunky:

The new content
:arrow: Fallow Deer Mission Pack.
:arrow: Fallow Deer competitions to be added into rotation of regular competitions.
:arrow: Fallow Deer antler sheds.
:arrow: Fallow Deer and Axis Deer Daily Missions added to rotation.
:arrow: Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.
:arrow: Community League reward jackets are visible in the store now.
:arrow: New functionality to purchase Trophy Poses directly in-game instead of tabbing to the Store (if you don't own some).
:arrow: One more Tutorial.

Some fixes/updates
:arrow: Fallow Deer antlers have had a fix to recalculate angles closer to real life. Your previously mounted animals will update in the Lodge.
:arrow: "Menil" variation renamed to "Chocolate".
:arrow: Changed the wall plaque for the Fallow Deer (large -> small).

That's all for now. We'll keep it coming.

Grab the Update HERE on Steam.

Happy Hunting!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.

Now Could be an opportune moment to further explain whether using backpack and scarves adds to any camo advantage over only wearing the five basic 3D camo clothing items, IE hat jacket pants boots and gloves.
Glad to see the outfits completed, it some how never seemed comfortable dressing in mismatched gear
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Many thanks for a much appreciated update. More missions!
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Good job guys, it's fun! (thought you were finishing the good Irish whiskey!) :lol: :lol: ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.

Now Could be an opportune moment to further explain whether using backpack and scarves adds to any camo advantage over only wearing the five basic 3D camo clothing items, IE hat jacket pants boots and gloves.
Glad to see the outfits completed, it some how never seemed comfortable dressing in mismatched gear
they do, exactly as it is written in their store description
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Good job. Plus the team.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Dmitri wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.

I have a question. I'm only interested in a camo affect on the deer family of animals. I use the trapper, army, or B&C outfits. When checking the camo affect by the camo checker the items turn a tan color. Adding a scarf to the outfit shows it's a tan color too which means it's working. However, if I use face paint it doesn't show a tan color. Is it working?

For the deer family the scarf seems to work better than face paint. Is that right or does the face paint work but won't show up as a tan color on the camo checker?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Very nice! I only just started hunting the fallow deer yesterday and they really round out the Hirschfelden map for me. It'll be great to have missions and comps for them so soon after their release, thank you! And I was hunting with someone yesterday who didn't have the fallow trophy poses and I even made a comment out loud about how our attempt at a trophy shot with two deer in it would have gone so much better if they could have just tabbed out and bought the poses while we were in the trophy shot fighting with posing the deer. Glad to know that's an option now... could have used it yesterday :lol:

I'm also glad to see the camo sets receiving more pieces. I have a couple of the backpacks and scarves. It'll be nice to complete the collection! Would now be a good time to ask for an upgrade to the Sneaky 3D Swamp Camo or the Sneaky 3D Summer Forest Camo so that it works in the northern forests of Rougarou Bayou? Right now there is no Sneaky 3D camo that works there at all, only the species-specific camos work up there. As I enjoy hunting bobcats in the north end of the swamp, it would be nice to have a camo outfit that works for them (other than the Outback camo, which feels out of place there).
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Dmitri wrote:

I have a question. I'm only interested in a camo affect on the deer family of animals. I use the trapper, army, or B&C outfits. When checking the camo affect by the camo checker the items turn a tan color. Adding a scarf to the outfit shows it's a tan color too which means it's working. However, if I use face paint it doesn't show a tan color. Is it working?

For the deer family the scarf seems to work better than face paint. Is that right or does the face paint work but won't show up as a tan color on the camo checker?
face paint works almost the same way, it just does not appear on the camo checker as it is temporarily
Hornet_17
Spotter

Post by Hornet_17 »

Nice update, thx for Fallow Deers missions and comps

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”