Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Cutch
Master Competitor

Re: Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

Post by Cutch »

I (We), appreciate the effort put into this dandy update, THANKS, Staff :!:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Dmitri wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.

Now Could be an opportune moment to further explain whether using backpack and scarves adds to any camo advantage over only wearing the five basic 3D camo clothing items, IE hat jacket pants boots and gloves.
Glad to see the outfits completed, it some how never seemed comfortable dressing in mismatched gear
they do, exactly as it is written in their store description
That brief answer only causes more confusion. ( they do, ) raises the question whether we now need to wear all seven Items to attain full camo advantage. Initially only the five basic items were required to reach 100%. But since the mask and backpacks have been added nothing has ever been said as to how it effects the original need for all five items to reach full camo effect. Before these extra scarves and backpacks were added there were 3D camo sets that needed only five items to give 100%. We were never informed how the extras effected the cumulated values of each item.

Yesterday If I hunted Piccabeen bay I was fully camouflaged with five items of appropriate 3D clothing.

Do I now need all seven items to achieve the same 100% result with that 3D set.
Yes i would like to hear the answer to this, as well, does it add to whatever values we had before, or do we need all 7 now to have the camo values we had before.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Can we please get definitive answer to this. Does the scarf/backpack add to what we already had for camo, or do we need those 2 pieces to get what we had prior?

Thanks.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

trulight wrote:Can we please get definitive answer to this. Does the scarf/backpack add to what we already had for camo, or do we need those 2 pieces to get what we had prior?

Thanks.
There has never been 100% concealment, or maximum possible protection, available in a camo set. Instead, each item stacks on the others so that your overall camouflage improves with more pieces, but never reaches the so-called 100% undetectable ensemble. You can always be busted, no matter what you are wearing, but the more camo pieces you have on the better hidden you are, if only slightly better for each piece added.

For what it's worth, some people say camo simply doesn't work, but I'm convinced it does. I certainly seem able to sneak closer to big bucks, and stand longer in plain sight, with it on than without, no question in my mind. But how much improvement is added by including the new scarfs and backpacks I do not know, and they're not telling.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

While it is true there was never 100% concealment there was 100% POSSIBLE EFFECTIVENESS. In order to reach the 100% effective you needed all 5 items, the general assumption was that each piece contributed 20% towards the max possible result. But now we have 7 pieces, or 8 if you factor in the facepaint.

So are we now paying for extra camo items and getting extra effectiveness, .... or are we paying for extra items and getting nothing in return except eye candy.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

They said when they introduced the backpacks that the camo stacked on existing sets to improve effectiveness. Same with scarves. How much, no one knows. 100% effectiveness meant only 100% of available effectiveness. "Legendary" was added after "excellent," and "very good," etc. There was never a 'maxed-out-total-effectiveness." Even seven pieces is not maxed out, I'm sure. I still get busted no matter what I wear. They said it stacks.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Hey Jimbo. Any chance you can link us back to the post you refer to, .. as advising the backpack and scarves "stack" on the existing 3d camo.?
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

As far as I know in game animals AIs, have 3 senses: sight, smell and hearing. There isn't 100% concealment, because camo isn't meant to fool all their 3 senses, as this would make the game useless. Most legendary camo is meant to trick the sight, but it's obvious that there are species that rely more on their smell and/or hearing than their sight. For example the infamous lynx will smell you long before seeing you.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

!00% effectiveness does not equate to 100% concealment.
!00% effectiveness relates to the most possible cover that that particular camo is capable of giving when wearing the complete suit.
EG.
Boone & Crocket,... max Camo effectiveness is ....*Visual Reduction: Good vs. species of the deer family.
Gillie suit Fall leaf,... max camo effectiveness is ....* Visual Reduction: Legendary vs. all species in temperate forest areas during fall*.
Bearing in mind that some suits have other benifits beside their camo effect.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

I totally agree with you, as I've never stated 100% concealment is the same thing with 100% effectiveness. I've just explained why there isn't such a thing in the game so there won't be any doubts.

As for the scarves and backpacks stacking, they do because while your huntermate is in your hand you can press G key, select camo view and you'll see there if your camo is working or not. I never wear backpacks, but you'll see in the camo view a backpack available. While wearing a scarf you can definitely see your face covered in green or brown depending on its effect, I'm guessing it's the same for backpacks, otherwise they wouldn't put them in camo view for nothing.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”