Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

AveryW88 wrote:
The Swamp camo does actually work in the north these days ;)

Really ??? Now the swamp cammo suit is working in the northern isalnds of Rugarou ???? Wow! I am already excited. Could anyone, please, confirm that ?
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

oh, and how we forgot to include another legacy bug fix into the release notes?
Sneaky 3D Alpine Camouflage Basic Boots are not invisible anymore ;)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:Could anyone, please, confirm that ?
Just did. All summer swamp camo, including the backpack, lights up green on the huntermate in the north now. Guess I'm going to have to buy the matching scarf now that it exists too!
Dmitri wrote:oh, and how we forgot to include another legacy bug fix into the release notes?
Sneaky 3D Alpine Camouflage Basic Boots are not invisible anymore ;)
By all means, if you want to keep laying the surprises on us one at a time, please do :D Now I won't have to hide my feet in trophy shots anymore! I'm also glad to see the fallow deer was added to the signature widget... and there's the poor little willow ptarmigan that was hidden for so long! Now we just need to hide that roe-bit and all will be perfect in that regard!
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:Could anyone, please, confirm that ?
Just did. All summer swamp camo, including the backpack, lights up green on the huntermate in the north now. Guess I'm going to have to buy the matching scarf now that it exists too!
Thta's GREAT!. Thx for confirming it.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ignored again.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Release notes is not the place to post "Missions". Thanks. :roll: Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Dmitri wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Some Sneaky 3D outfits missing the backpacks and scarves have been completed.

Now Could be an opportune moment to further explain whether using backpack and scarves adds to any camo advantage over only wearing the five basic 3D camo clothing items, IE hat jacket pants boots and gloves.
Glad to see the outfits completed, it some how never seemed comfortable dressing in mismatched gear
they do, exactly as it is written in their store description
That brief answer only causes more confusion. ( they do, ) raises the question whether we now need to wear all seven Items to attain full camo advantage. Initially only the five basic items were required to reach 100%. But since the mask and backpacks have been added nothing has ever been said as to how it effects the original need for all five items to reach full camo effect. Before these extra scarves and backpacks were added there were 3D camo sets that needed only five items to give 100%. We were never informed how the extras effected the cumulated values of each item.

Yesterday If I hunted Piccabeen bay I was fully camouflaged with five items of appropriate 3D clothing.

Do I now need all seven items to achieve the same 100% result with that 3D set.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I am actually pleased to see that the dog packs and vests have also been updated with the new camo colors as well.
However I am somewhat at a loss to understand why the dog backpacks are so expensive.
The 3D camouflaged hunting backpacks are 200 EMs but the dog 3D backpacks are more than twice that much at 499 EMs.
Considering that they have a much smaller capacity than the hunting backpack, and also the fact that they do not have any camouflage value, ( as per the store description ) does it not seem that the pricing is somewhat overinflated.
Is their any chance that the dog outfits ,packs , boots and vests etc, could be made up into a bundle for around the same price.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Considering that they have a much smaller capacity than the hunting backpack
The hunting backpacks (the camo ones you can buy), do not have any capacity at all. They are exclusively cosmetic with supposedly some camouflage value. The only thing that affects the players inventory size is a one time purchase of the "Increased Capacity" item in the store, which is not a backpack at all. Wearing or owning any of the camo backpacks plays no role in how much your person can carry. Thus, they're cosmetic/camo only.

On the other hand, the dog backpacks do serve a function. They are essentially a cosmetic backpack just like the camo backpacks, but with a mini version of the "Increased Capacity" item built in. They're the only way in the game to take more gear on the go without having to carry a tent or drive around in a vehicle. They're cosmetic/increased capacity, which is arguably way more useful than camo for a dog that is functionally invisible to animals in the "stay" state anyway. That's how the higher price is justified.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Interesting analysis, Logical and most likely correct.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”