Cheaters Beware

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Cheaters Beware

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters,

We've heard some concern from our community that cheaters aren't being banned or even investigated when they're reported. They are. If you want to check, you need to search the name of the hunter concerned. If you use a link or bookmark, it will take you to that hunter's page as it was when you saved it.

Leaderboards were being rather slow to update with this, so we've implemented a system to clean up more efficiently. Make sure to give that a chance to work as well.

And remember, it might look like fun to mess around with a hack or mod, but it will earn you a permanent ban from the Evergreen Hunting Reserve. If Buck doesn't get to you first.

Happy Hunting
SRV
Tracker

Re: Cheaters Beware

Post by SRV »

Hello Avery.
Yes, at times, I got caught thinking that you guys did not investigate these players that much. That you didn't care that much.
But a post like this one brings back the trust in the community about that subject.

Thank you for your hard work & keep up the '' police '' work.
Greetings to Buck.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Thats great news :) but i have little concern, like i know a certain guy got banned after a report because i cant find him while searching for him, but his score is still there in the elk league comp, shouldn't confirmed banned people position in the comp be removed immediately? so it doesn't discourage others from trying the comp or worse him actually winning instead of legit ones, since he took their place?

Thank you.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Love, love, love, love, love!!!!! :D

Excellent 'splainin (explaining) of why sometimes suspected cheaters may still be seen and that a delay in their score removal is known. But, great to hear that now you have a new system to help you guys catch the naughty folks!!

Thanks to all you guys for the work that you do! Much appreciated!
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Mrmr123 wrote:Thats great news :) but i have little concern, like i know a certain guy got banned after a report because i cant find him while searching for him, but his score is still there in the elk league comp, shouldn't confirmed banned people position in the comp be removed immediately? so it doesn't discourage others from trying the comp or worse him actually winning instead of legit ones, since he took their place?

Thank you.
I think that would fall under the "Leaderboards were being rather slow to update with this, so we've implemented a system to clean up more efficiently. Make sure to give that a chance to work as well." section. Keep an eye on it, but give it a little bit of time to get cleaned up. :)

Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

Mrmr123 wrote:Thats great news :) but i have little concern, like i know a certain guy got banned after a report because i cant find him while searching for him, but his score is still there in the elk league comp, shouldn't confirmed banned people position in the comp be removed immediately? so it doesn't discourage others from trying the comp or worse him actually winning instead of legit ones, since he took their place?

Thank you.
it applies to the event Leaderboard at the moment, but we will do the same for all competitions too soon
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Dmitri wrote:it applies to the event Leaderboard at the moment, but we will do the same for all competitions too soon
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/7Z0MWQK0/appaluse.gif[/bigimg]

Mysen
Scout

Post by Mysen »

will it also apply for seasons leaderboards?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Awesome! I'll be sending you a list of names shortly... :lol: :lol: . Jus' kiddin'. :lol: . Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks Avery for this excellent post.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”