Release Notes - 1st December 2021 (Skulls)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
herajika
Tracker

Re: Release Notes - 1st December 2021 (Skulls)

Post by herajika »

Thanks for update.
SPAWNANUBIS
Tracker

Post by SPAWNANUBIS »

HooCairs wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Interesting update. :)

Did we lose the option to do taxidermy from the hunt history now? Or will there will a second option added to get the skull mount?
Not sure what you mean. We used to have a button [Taxidermize] next to every animal in the hunt history for 24 hours. If we missed to tax in the game, we had 24 hours to tax that animal from the hunt history. Now I don't see these buttons anymore.
Hoo , the taxy buttons are still there ! I hunted yesterday and everything was the same !
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

herajika wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote: Image
Not sure what you mean. We used to have a button [Taxidermize] next to every animal in the hunt history for 24 hours. If we missed to tax in the game, we had 24 hours to tax that animal from the hunt history. Now I don't see these buttons anymore.
I don't know how he did this as I haven't played it yet, but this is delayed taxidermy, after hunt. It even cost 12 em$ instead of 10 em$, so I think we still have the option.
Yes, I watched it through Hunt History. I changed the language of the game and everything is fine.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Well i am not a fan my self of this skull feature, i am not against this update, i am happy to see this game is still alive and any kind of update at this time and age is very welcomed. but i am a bit worried about resources being used for a feature that was not highly requested by the community, i think there is more important ones to be developed and i think the community should be asked to vote from time to time on what features they would like to see first.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

SPAWNANUBIS wrote:Hoo , the taxy buttons are still there ! I hunted yesterday and everything was the same !
The buttons are back for me now. Yesterday they did not appear even though the hunts were younger than 24 hours.

Would it not make sense to add a second button now to build the skull mount? :D

Now

New

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SPAWNANUBIS
Tracker

Post by SPAWNANUBIS »

HooCairs wrote:
SPAWNANUBIS wrote:Hoo , the taxy buttons are still there ! I hunted yesterday and everything was the same !
The buttons are back for me now. Yesterday they did not appear even though the hunts were younger than 24 hours.

Would it not make sense to add a second button now to build the skull mount? :D

Now

New

Yes , of course , it would make much more sense !
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Too much negativity for my liking here. I feel I need to thank developers again for keeping the game alive. I see that some people forgot that it wasn't sure thing for almost a year after this game turned f2p. This game isn't some big money making machine, it's completely unrealistic to expect huge updates for it. We need to be realistic here.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Thanks for the update! Skulls look good!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

AveryW88 wrote:Happy Hunting!
I just encountered a couple of bugs with this release, as the host of a multiplayer session.

I had a guest join and harvest some coyotes that he needed for a mission, and then I tried to harvest the rest of my kills, but the only option available was to Tax the animal for EMs. The other options were greyed out. When I clicked the button to tax for EMs, and then clicked the X, the game said it could not dismantle the item.

Perhaps this bug is associated with the other problem I encountered, which is that my bloodhound tracking options were unavailable. After the guest joined, and lost the track of a coyote, I got out of the treestand and went to the adjacent tent to get my bloodhound. The V key did nothing and I couldn't command the dog to do anything. I tried putting the dog away and reloading him, but this didn't fix things. It was after having the dog with me that I could no longer harvest my kills.

Also, has anyone noticed that their tracking skill seems impaired in MP? The track-cones during this session were wildly inaccurate even though I am at level 15 and level 18 for the two animals I was tracking.

Additional Testing:
I just tried repeating this and was unsuccessful in repeating the bug. This time I had three elk cows down to be harvested, but after the guest harvested the first one, I was able to get my bloodhound from the nearby tent and the tracking commands worked, and I could harvest the other two cows. Perhaps it needs a longer game time, or more animals to harvest? When I had the bug, I had 4 coyotes and 3 Elk bulls waiting to be tracked and harvested. The bug appeared after retrieving the bloodhound after the guest harvested 2 coyotes, and was tracking a third and lost the track.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

I LOVE not being bothered every time I harvest a Magpie goose with the taxidermy question. Like HooCairs, I'm hoping we can choose to taxidermize an animal later.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”