Release Notes - 13th October 2021 (New Tutorials)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 13th October 2021 (New Tutorials)

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy!

When we monitor our communication channels (Forum, Steam, Discord, Facebook, and others) we're so proud of how kind and helpful our community is (another huge thanks for that!). Any new player gets proper suggestions and advice instantly. On the other hand, we felt guilty we weren't so helpful ourselves, as Classic is quite difficult for new players. Therefore, we decided we needed to do our bit too, and we started with re-doing the Tutorials from scratch. For now, we are glad to present two brand new tutorials to you: The Basics and Tower Usage, to be followed by a few others which are in progress and will be added later. We hope it will help our new players understand the game's hunting techniques better and grow our beloved community!

Please note that this update is bigger than usual due to some small internal changes that have caused Steam to recalculate a few extra files... We've done what we can to mitigate the size but unfortunately, we can't reduce it any further.

Grab the Update HERE on Steam.

That's all for now,

Happy Hunting!
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Release Notes - 13th October 2021 (New Tutorials)

Post by muldo »

Thanks for the update, any input is always welcome.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Can i make a suggestion? I think one of these tutorial episodes should include Roosevelt elk hunting experience, not only to teach new player but to get them hooked instantly, thats how i got hooked, and thats how my addiction began :? "Roosevelt Elk spotted 18251, tracked 17496, harvested 3563", the different calls they make, the different antlers sizes between monsters and small ones and seeing 5 or 6 at them at once, with other factors make them special.

If you decide to go with my suggestion, please allow me to design the scenario for it :oops:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Thanks for the update. Didn't take long as the notes would have had me believe. Only about 20 min to download and install.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Tutorials to help the newbies is awesome! New players (with open wallets for em$) are a great thing to have, and helping them get hooked more quickly is the way to keep them. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

thanks for the update. should help out lots of new players.
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

It used to take up to 8 hours to download an update of that size. 9.4GB completed in about 4 minutes. Thanks.

Edit: Opened the game after updating on Steam. No idea where to find the tutorials. Tried "HELP" but it only has Hoo Cairs tutorial videos. Apparently others found them. Where are they, please?

Edit 2: Searched around some more and found them under "Hunt Now". I'll see myself out.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I am glad to hear that this new wonderful team cares about new players. In my times nobody cared, I learned everything on my own, the hard way. Any word from the Halloween fest ? ;)
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Expect Halloween in about two weeks ;)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:Expect Halloween in about two weeks ;)
:o :o :o :o

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”